Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall Road Glide Riders - Need Some Seat Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010 | 12:13 AM
F.T.P
|
Advanced
Default Tall Road Glide Riders - Need Some Seat Help

I have an 03 Road Glide that I am looking to replace the seat on. I am 6'5 and would like a sit that gets me a bit farther back than the stock seat does. After doing a search I came across the HD tallboy which might work.

I have both rider and passenger backrests, and a tour pack. I rarely use anything but the passenger backrest, but would like to keep the option of the tour pack. Any suggestions? Brands and models would be helpful. Thanks!

Old 04-16-2010 | 03:03 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Default There are two that come to mind

C&C and Mustang.
C&C will move you back quite a bit to provide more leg room. Mustang has the same but you need to know which one to get. The wider the seat, the farther back it puts you, and vise-versa. I just got a C&C and I even asked them to make it to move me up 1.5 inches and it wasn't even close to my Sundowner. I sit way back with the C&C, which, while moving is extremely comfortable but a little difficult when trying to put both feet down. I'm developing quite a collection of seats now in my quest for the perfect one. It's a bitch when you can't try them out before you buy unless you're lucky enough to find a dealer with lot's of stock.

Old 04-16-2010 | 03:15 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member

Call MeanCity Cycle and talk to Allen and his crew..........he could possibly
save you hundreds by just modifying your exsisting seat.
Atleast its worth a toll free call to ask.......

Old 04-16-2010 | 03:57 AM
e6fmf
Road Master
Default More leg room

Instead of spending all that money on a seat. Have you lowered yor foot boards to their LOWEST position? I did it and I can still use the stock seat comfortably.
Good luck in your choice.

Old 04-16-2010 | 07:27 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

I've got the Tall Boy seat and it works fine. It moved me up and back. The seating position is very upright, like a desk chair. The material is a thin vinyl. The passenger seat is very good also, big and soft so the lady stays comfortable. I wouldn't recomend buying any seat unless you get to put it on your bike and ride it for a mile or so. I tried many of H-D's options before choosing the Tall Boy. If you can test ride the other brands do so. Mustang makes excelent products.

Old 04-16-2010 | 07:50 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

CC with the tall mod is the way to go! It is so comfortable. i had the tall boy and hated it.

Old 04-16-2010 | 08:52 AM
x1wildone
Intermediate

I am 6'6" ride a 03" road glide. I put on a road zepplin and have never looked back.
This seat works well with the tour pack, but kinda ugly without the tour pack.
the air adjustable part is great.

Old 04-16-2010 | 09:05 AM
buzzman_45011
Advanced

I have a 2010 Road Glide. I'm 6'3. I brought a Tall Boy seat. Its very comfortable and gives me good lower back support.

Old 04-16-2010 | 09:11 AM
websterdan
Tourer

I went with the sundowner, for now. The tallboy seems to move you back AND up. All I wanted was back, with more lower back support.

Old 04-16-2010 | 11:47 AM
F.T.P
|
Advanced

Thanks for the replies! The guy that I bought the bike from was running different floorboards, I will see if I can move them. I will also contact mean city, but I don't want to send in the seat now because I need it to ride with. Hmmm, so many options.

Quick Reply: Tall Road Glide Riders - Need Some Seat Help