Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FBI seat drop install and review

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:17 PM
fairplay
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarineBagger
What a PITA. I'm lazy, so a it might be worth $200 or so not to have to tear the bike down again. BTW, are you like 12 feet tall? How in the hell are you able to sit in the seat and reach your bars? Maybe it's the photos, but it looks like quite a stretch. The bike looks sick man, just awesome, but I'm waaaay to short for it.
HA! I am 5'10" many members have requested pics of me on the bike to see the reach. Even with me on it it looks like a streatch but it is really comfortable. I will get pics up i swear.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Hey, John, couldn't you just tie wrap the module into the bike in about the same location as stock leaving the FBI parts still on? Leave the side cover off if you have to. I don't know where the 09 module is located, but seems like you could approximate the location somewhat. Also, how come the HD shop won't warranty the module if it is bad? Just because you installed the FBI kit, that shouldn't negate ALL of your warranty, right? If a new module works, why won't they warranty the bad one? They are not wanting to help you at all, are they? Is it possible to ruin the module by disconnecting it with the battery still attached? Can't imagine why it would GO bad by moving it. Obviously, FBI has done alot of bikes and haven't seen the problem as you (even if they did, I'd guess they'd be more than willing to help you with info they gained). Good luck!
Jerry

Old 05-06-2010, 05:45 PM
fairplay
Road Master

OK, progress.
I received a call from FBI yesterday. It was Gary the owner. He ran me thru the problems I was having and the testing done on their end. Just because I didn't hear from them in a couple days did not mean they werent working on the problem.

They were able to recreate the problems I was having and came up with a fix. A new bracket for the TSSM was designed and produced. Mine is in the mail and should be here tomorrow.

It seems as though none of the others with the seat drop ride hard enough to set off the tssm tip function and I was the lucky one to find the glitch. I didn't think I rode too hard but FBI has sold hundreds of these kits and I was the first caller on this issue.

In short, I had a problem, I called, FBI got on it. They found the solution quickly (i hope).

Last edited by fairplay; 05-06-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling sux
Old 05-06-2010, 10:58 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Was it Mc Henry Harley that was being the pain in the *** as far as the work went?

Old 05-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior

Glad to see it looks like you got the problem fixed. Hopefully this will do it for you. Looks like FBI is trying to solve this thing.
Jerry

Old 05-07-2010, 06:59 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Great story, nice bike

Old 05-18-2010, 02:04 PM
fairplay
Road Master

we finally got it. ALL PROBLEMS FIXED! everything works the way it is supposed to. I also got a few pics of me on the scoot that you all asked for for reference. It is really comfortable and maybe does not look that way by the pics but it is.

Attached Thumbnails FBI seat drop install and review-0516001654.jpg   FBI seat drop install and review-0516001653.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 PM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bike looks killer!

Old 05-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior

All I can say is "that bike looks great!". Glad you got yer probs solved too. Dayum nice!
Jerry

Old 05-20-2010, 05:55 AM
juban62
5th Gear

I'm glad it all worked out. I have a new Ultra Limited, and with my 30" inseam, I have been considering this mod myself. Your play-by-play was really helpful and informative- Thanks!! The bike looks amazing, and that was a sweet set of mods you got done. Now enjoy the ride.

Quick Reply: FBI seat drop install and review