Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT or PCV for 103" install

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
RickyB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT or PCV for 103" install

Thanks for all of the great info guys.....next week MY SG goes in for a heart transplant...my only hang up is, do i keep the PCV or go with the SERT?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thinks alot of people are recommending the tts mastertune

Old 04-13-2010, 08:48 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a PCV and unless you have the auto tune you wont get all the potential power and efficiency outta the engine, I am looking at the TTS master tuner I went to a local bike shop and checked it out I was impressed with The TTS program. The Turbo Shop were the designers is the original SERT but harley has a new SEST Pro out and that is pretty good too I am waiting for the training DVD just to see what the benefits are over the TTS. But for the money and versatility I am thinking TTS.

Last edited by fireaxxe; 04-13-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: had to add an and
Old 04-13-2010, 09:06 PM
imrotton2
Road Master

the old pc 3 has been very good to my old 103

Old 04-13-2010, 09:06 PM
HAG11Limited
Cruiser

I have the SEPST on mine and I have a very good tuner he has made me very happy. Thats my

Old 04-13-2010, 09:39 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man I find it hard to beat Fuelmoto and their support. If you went with the auto tune I don't think you could go wrong I am sure the SERT is good too but how much dynoing do you want to do and how much do you want to lear the system. Its a hard one to decide but Fuelmoto got my vote I still need the auto tune but it runs good with the maps Jamie has provided.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:20 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

The PCV and flash-based tuners (TTS and SEST) are all fine tuners. Find a competent tuner in your area and buy what they like to tune with, or spend considerably less money on a PCV from Fuel Moto and have a map already installed for your configuration. It is simply not true that you can't realize a good tune with a PCV without Auto-Tune.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:04 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

Just drive it up to Dallas and give it to Ed @ www.thedynodifference.com He'll set you up straight. If you don't have a tuning device, he can hook you up with that also. Ed is THE COMPETENT TUNER that'll get the job done. Yeah you can go with a PC-V with auto-tune, but you could also go SERT, Direct link, or TTS and have a better tune

Give Ed a call....

Old 04-14-2010, 07:01 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by fripple
Yeah you can go with a PC-V with auto-tune, but you could also go SERT, Direct link, or TTS and have a better tune
Here we go again. Can you provide any evidence or technical details that flash-based tuners categorically provide a better tune than a PCV given the participation of a competent human tuner? How could they provide a better tune when the PCV-AT is polling the wideband O2 sensors 50x/sec. and providing an AFR specified by the rider in 250 locations along the RPM/TP grid? Next, explain why a flash-based tuner can provide a more accurate pulse-width at the injector than a PCV. If you can't do this you can't say one is superior to the other.

Each has its own feature set, and which is best for a given rider is up to the rider to decide. But to say one can provide a better tune than another is without any factual basis. What's more, why are they better than even a basic PCV (non-AT) that has been tuned by a competent human tuner?

Last edited by iclick; 04-14-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 AM
harleybill2008
Road Captain

I had a PC3 and now have a SERT and as far as I'm concerned, it really comes down to how good your tech is more than the tuner itself. As was said, find the best tech tuner in your area and see what he is good at and go with it. You won't be sorry no matter what you go with. Find a bad tech and it won't matter either if you get my drift.

Quick Reply: SERT or PCV for 103" install