Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley rain gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
TheBagger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley rain gear

Going to buy new rain gear for me and the wife and would like to know what you think. I looked at the Hi-Vis and the Packable suits. The Packable ones at my dealer roll up in the hood with no bag, but looking online they have a detachable hood and a bag, so are the ones at my dealer old stock? Do these packable suits do the job or should I get the high vis ones?

Know of a good place to buy Harley suits online?

Last edited by TheBagger; 04-12-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Purchase a good rain suit

I would invest in a good rain suit. When you shopping for one, its typically dry and sunny... I have been caught in some wicked storms and a good rain suit really does keep you dry. I replaced the first one I bought, because I didnt want to pay for the Harley suit. I looked at the hi vis suit, and chose the overpass... get a good one...if you use it 1 time, it keeping you dry is worth the money.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:32 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

im the king of aftermarket ...except raingear i like the mid level harley stuff think its the high vis.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:33 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

make sure it will fit over your jacket,and most dealers will let u mix and match tops and bottoms for a good fit.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,122 Likes on 3,658 Posts

I have the overpass and it is PRIMO....Hi viz is nice too...

Old 04-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Overpass for me also...can't go wrong...pricey at $150.00 but worth it.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:01 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I have the overpass, it works good to keep the rain out.
It doesn't breath well on hot days and it takes up about twice as much space as I'd like.
Glad I got it on sale.
If I was in the market for a rain suit now I'd look at Frogg Toggs or Tour Master.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,122 Likes on 3,658 Posts

I look at it this way, i would rather be a bit sweaty and comfortable...You are gonna sweat any way...I have a firstgear and another brand i don't remember...They're all pretty hot but comfort was my 1st concern. I paid a lot of money for the Overpass but i hope it will last me many years.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:34 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdumbnoitall00
im the king of aftermarket ...except raingear i like the mid level harley stuff think its the high vis.
So, you think Harley actually makes it? It's aftermarket too, made by someone else with an HD label sewn in. Surely it must work better with the HD label on it, it has to because it costs more?
I wear a First Gear jacket and Icon pants. This set up has kept me dry through very heavy rain. I've had the FG jacket for years and it has never let me down. I've only had the Icon pants for a year, but so far so good.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:38 AM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buy the best you can afford!!
I like Gore-tex! It breathes...some! Stay away from vinyl, unless you like cleaning it off of your exhaust!!!!! Get reinforced inerlegs (word?) that won't melt.
The H-D Gore-tex 2 piece suit is a little spendy, but it keeps us the driest of all the suits we've tried. I've had mine about 5 years and it still does the job. Having said that, we're not ones to ride all day in the rain anymore! I'll find a dry spot as soon as I can and wait it out (We don't have to be anywhere at any paticular time anymore!!)
Most any 'good suit' will keep you dry for a while. Sooner or later though you are going to be as wet inside as you are outside. None of them will seal out all of the water! It'll come in around the neck/hood, up your sleeves, through the zippers and if you aren't wearing booties, up your legs.
If you do not have a windshield/faring, you are going to get wet no matter what you ware!

Quick Reply: Harley rain gear