Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley rain gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 AM
hawg20
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As in the previous post buy the best you can afford first!! It's cheaper than buying something cheap and having to replace it. I bought a Gore-tex rainsuit in 1993 and it still good. I passed it on to my ole ridin' bud! Sure the out side is faded, but is still dry!! My wife bought me the HD Gore-tex suit and I love it. I like the de-tachable hood. I don't use it with the helmet but it's nice to have when not on the bike.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

H-D High Viz suit here. Keeps me dry and visible.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 AM
iambill
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luc.who
I would invest in a good rain suit. When you shopping for one, its typically dry and sunny... I have been caught in some wicked storms and a good rain suit really does keep you dry. I replaced the first one I bought, because I didnt want to pay for the Harley suit. I looked at the hi vis suit, and chose the overpass... get a good one...if you use it 1 time, it keeping you dry is worth the money.
+1
My wife and I started out our road trip last year by stopping in and getting some new rain suits.
She picked the HD packable. But I did alot of reading and decided I wanted the HD overpass.
After she saw the 2 side by side, she wanted the same one as me, so we got 2.
Later that week we got to try them out and she was so happy she upgraded.
We paid 150.00 in Washington St.
What ever one you decide on make sure it has the heat guard on the leg.
Scraping the pipe to get the burned stuff off sucks

Old 04-13-2010, 09:19 AM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I learned from experience about getting what you pay for and the HD GoreTex suit was one of the best investments I have ever made. Been through some cold, wet, downright nasty weather and the suit came through every time. I had to buy it one piece at a time it was so expensive, but well worth it IMO.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:22 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the HD Gore-Tex rain suit and love it. Have ridden in the rain for hours and stayed completely dry.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:06 PM
TheBagger
Road Master

Thanks for all the comments. I think we are going to pass on the packables and get the Hi-Vis or the Overpass. My wife wants the Hi-Vis suit but I'm having a little trouble seeing myself in a bright orange suit, LOL.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:24 PM
slime_dog
Tourer
Thumbs up

We got the hi-vis. Haven't used it yet. Zanotti's prices were pretty good. I am not one to wear a bunch of orange, but I figure it won't be on for long. ;-) ...and anything I can do to be seen better in the rain is all good. I still draw the line at blinking LEDs on the rainsuit.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
BIGSKY_FLHXI
Road Master

I am going to be the one with the different opinion. I have the HD packable raingear and love it. It fits into the hood and takes up little space. I road across Oregon in it last year on the way to Hells Canyon Rally and it poured rain almost the whole way there. My wife has some real nice rain gear (first gear or something) After this trip she now wants to get the packable gear. I takes up some much less space when packed and performed just as good as hers.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:53 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

+1 on the packable, takes up so little space it never leaves my saddlebag and the handful of times we've been caught in heavy downpours its kept us very dry, and it looks sharp as far as rain gear goes.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:16 PM
bagabond
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a fan of Gore-Tex outerwear. It's windproof, waterproof, and breathable while also sporting a "Guaranteed to Keep You Dry" guarantee. I purchased the HD version of uninsulated jacket and pants a few years back and am thrilled with it. It is very packable and most importantly, it works!

Quick Reply: Harley rain gear