Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locking Doors for UltraClassic Lowers

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 08:16 AM
mcman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking Doors for UltraClassic Lowers

Just wanted some input from anyone who has switched to the locking doors on their lowers for their Ultra. I know there is more than one company that makes them and I'd like have some input on which ones to buy. The little snaps, if you want to call them that, has bitten the dust on one side of mine. They never were that good from the start. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:24 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Check eglidegoodies.com. I like their's. They're the only ones I've seen with side hinges and they can match your keys.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I went with https://www.hogtrough.com/ so I would have a cup holder too.

They use to sell a "3 door set", but I couldn't find it on their web site. You may have to call them about that.
The "3 door set" had two left doors, one with the cup holder rack and one without, for a smooth look.

Their mugs didn't seem to hold ice very long when it's over 100, so I also bought a Butler Cup to use. They really hold ice a long long time.
http://glassact.com/index.html

I also ordered a set of "HD Tour Pak Locks Sets" to replace the locks. That way, I only needed one key to use on the bike. They can be ordered by your VIN number to match. First off I tried a local lock smith to rekey the locks but apparently Barrel Keys are a pain in the *** to rekey and they didn't work very well..........and the HD locks sets were just a couple of bucks more to have a factory lock (when you order them from Zanotti https://www.zanottimotor.com/ ).

They don't have hinges, they just pull on and off but they are heavy duty, like a 1/2" think.

The color matches really well, it looks off here in the pictures but that's just the sun/shade and the camera.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:36 AM
mcman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the HD set interests you, check Zanotti's price. I recently bought them for $157 via Zanotti. If you go that way, all you need to do is send them an email with your key code and they will ensure your door locks match your ignition key.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Crusher
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the eglidegoodies doors. Like the side hinge.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

it is tough finding a locksmith to do barrel keys, I had to call all over town last year when I got mine - only could find 1 locksmith who would do it (cost $40)

Old 04-12-2010, 03:38 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cup holder is available on the non-hinged version and igniton-keyed locks are available on all three versions of the locking doors from eglidegoodies.com.

EDIT: According to their website, the cup holder only available on the non-hinged version.
http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id321.html

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 04-13-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
8Crow
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I just installed the H-D locking doors on my Ultra that I ordered from Zanotti's. Really like the "down opening" style as I thought that the "side opening" ones might be a bit of a hassle on the left side as the hinge is on the inside and the door would always be swinging closed when you are putting stuff in in. Minor detail but that and a better price at Zanotti's made my decision... You might want to consider the liners as well, regardless of which style of doors you go with....
Good luck with your choice...

Old 04-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Homebrew101
it is tough finding a locksmith to do barrel keys, I had to call all over town last year when I got mine - only could find 1 locksmith who would do it (cost $40)
My locksmith charged me $15 a lock to rekey them.
New locks from Zanotti were $16 plus shipping, $20 at your local shop plus sales tax

Quick Reply: Locking Doors for UltraClassic Lowers