Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005 | 11:54 AM
Meinbmw
|
Intermediate
Default Tire pressure

Any particular tire pressure guage that is a favorite of you folks out there? I have an '05 Ultra and have a hell of a time getting my regular "stick" style guage in an around the spokes ..... in fact, I could not even check the rear as the guage just didn't seem to fit right on the core/valve.

Any I missing something here? Do you remove a saddlebag to better get at the rear wheel core/valve to check tire pressure? Little help would be appreciated ... THANKS!

Old 06-05-2005 | 11:58 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Default RE: Tire pressure

Curt

Take a look at the angle of the valve stem and get a gauge that would work with the minimum of effort, usually one of the 90* end fitting ones will do it, or even one with the hose flex end where the actual gauge is 12 or so inches up the hose.

Old 06-05-2005 | 12:32 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TCSTD

Curt

Take a look at the angle of the valve stem and get a gauge that would work with the minimum of effort, usually one of the 90* end fitting ones will do it, or even one with the hose flex end where the actual gauge is 12 or so inches up the hose.

Yep, thats what I use , works fine. I do have cast wheels though.

Old 06-05-2005 | 01:26 PM
luvmyflhtcui
Road Captain

I use the short one that the Harley dealer gave me during the Rider's Edge Experienced Rider course. I have the cast wheels and I have no problem getting at the valve stem. You just have to stand on your head a little to get to it. Taking the saddle bag off of the Ultra takes about 10 sec's so that is also a good idea. Justs be careful setting it down as it is painted all over.

If you have an air compressor in your garage, go to Sam's Club and get yourself a motorcycle jack and if you lift it up you can get at it easier. I picked up mine for about 80 bucks. Came with tie down straps too.

Good Luck. and welcome to the family.

Bagger's Rule!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/494/02B653CFDFD2427097E83CC5F469BCA8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-05-2005 | 01:35 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior

That's what I have and it works fine on the laced wheels on my Dyna. I particularly like the feature that it holds the pressure amount until I release it. Don't know about the rest of you, but I usually overfill mine while I'm paying $.50 for air, just to make sure that I get both of them before the air runsout...in fact yesterday we did 2 bikes at once, then let some out to get ir right.
There was a thread a while back that asked what would you do if you owned a Harley Dealership. Thought about it later, but I would put in an air compressor w/ free air, easy fitting connection and have a reliable gauge chained there and signs to encourage everyone to check their air pressure. Art

ORIGINAL: TCSTD

Curt