Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARC Mini AMP Settings Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:09 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ARC Mini AMP Settings Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to Brad today at ARC for getting a base line setting with the ARC Mini AMP and J&M 7.15 speakers.

On the HK unit turn off th AVC set the bass and treble to mid setting. The amp should be dialed in with the HK unit set at 4 bars below max volume. Set the output to high on the amp. Set the gain to have the arrow on the dials to point at the letter a in gain on the amp straight up in other words. Set the cross over to 0 and it should never go over 110. Set the bass boost to 0 also.

I did this and it was very close but I ended up truning the gain just a very little bit higher, the cross over just a litlle bit higher and the bass boost just a litttle bit and I mean just a little bit over the prediscribed settings. If you have distortion or popping are speakers are working hard you will have to reduce the gain a little bit.

Brad said you can then adjust bass and treble but they should nevre be more than 4 bars over mid point. And once you to adjust bass and treble up from the mid point then you need to adjust the volume down one bar for each bar that you increase bass or treble.

Tell you what after all of my previous trials and errors this really brought a huge improvemnet over anything I had come up with. So give it a shot you won't be dissapointed and any adjustment from there is very small. I am very happy with my system now had been kind of disspointed to this point.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:19 PM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds just like what Wayne told me with the new Crossover and Level Setting Instructions he sent me, pluse changing out the ARC speakers for the new Hertz 6.5 should be here tomorrow. So will make my changes when I put them in. I had the gain set in the 3 O'clock postion and it is just a little to hot due to I love the music up loud.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:07 AM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

interesting