Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fat Cat-Quiet Baffle or Standard Baffle

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Seabass67
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the standard baffle - It sounds about right to me, not too loud except on decel but you can control that if you want to. Wakes up real nice under throttle but I can still roll through the neighborhood without setting off any car alarms.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:13 AM
GzrGlide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put a FatCat on my '02 with the SE 95" kit with SE205 cams. I gotta say that the quiet baffle sure sounds good. Definitely louder than my SE pipes were, but not harsh like the Reinharts I've heard.

At speed in town and on the highway it's definitely louder, but I can still hear the stereo. Has a big block chevy sound. Definitely happy with my choice.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:22 AM
ryanl
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Standard baffle . Very nice rumble at idle and low throttle. Really barks when you twist the wick!

Old 04-09-2010, 05:37 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a 103 with 10-1 comp and am running the quite baffle. To me the quite baffle isn't really that quite except at idle. I would hate to the standard baffle in. I was hoping the bike would have been a little quiter honestly but it does sound good.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:31 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

Standard baffle. I'm running the SE-204 cams and it just sounds wicked at idle. Where I live is Vance & Hines / Rinehart country. I've seen 1 other D&D Fatcat. Last time I was at the HD shop, I started my bike and literally EVERYONE turned their heads. It was pretty funny. A few people walked over to see what pipe I had. Seriously it sounds pretty nasty in person. Going down the highway it's kind of annoying, but oh well.

The video doesn't really do it justice though, you really have to hear it in person.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z08uzVgawcA

Old 04-09-2010, 07:48 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Quiet baffle on the Night Train. 10.5:1 compression with a 625 cam, and it's anything but quiet. Making 116/116 with it, can't imagine I'd be making much more with a standard or performance baffle (other than more noise).

Concentric baffle on the Limited. Louder than stock, but not obnoxious. I'm still in the process of tuning the map for it, but so far so good.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Mysanity2
Advanced

Here's the Fat Cat with Quite baffle...audio quality is so, so.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Fister
Advanced

I put my fat cats with standard baffles today, sounds really nice at idle and sounds strong going down the road, took the bike for a test ride to a local biker bar, and it sure did turn heads, when I pulled up and it sure did draw a crowd. Pretty cool, too bad it was 930 at night and the sun had gone down would have loved to show off the sunglow paint to.

Anyways, I am running a heavy breather with flash and standard baffle on a 2010, no tuner or Cams. Bike is responsive with the set up and seems to breathing just right for what I got. I sure a cam change and the bike will open up even more.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:18 AM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ryanl
Standard baffle . Very nice rumble at idle and low throttle. Really barks when you twist the wick!
Ditto!!! Standard baffle with 103 and 255 cams here.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:55 AM
BigBlockT
Novice

all should check with lenard the tech at D&D he is a world of info according to him there are three baffles (1) concentric cone or quiet , (2) perforated wrapped baffle, (3) perforated baffle. in that order as far as quiet to loudest his thoughts were that the quiet baffle was for stock motors with no thoughts of future mods then the other 2 for built motors this was for performance reasons only ,not the noise concern plus there are 2 different angles for the muffler tip the one with the cut following the contour of the bags will seem louder as the other with the angle down will seem quieter this why also there seems to be a difference in the way all these bikes sound, so as stated earlier call and talk to lenard at D&D for info, just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: D&D Fat Cat-Quiet Baffle or Standard Baffle