Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to PUKE!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambo
Just over 500 miles on the new bike, I got a FREAKIN screw in my rear tire. Should I have the dealer put a new one on or go to another shop and have them put it on after I order? I want to replace them both now with wide white walls. Good place to buy from? Geesus I am Pissed!
Now's a good time to spend that money wisely. Buy a service Manual, a couple of tire spoons and some rim protectors. Tires from Jake Wilson and some Dynabeads. Get a ft pound torque wrench and do it yourself. You'll probably spend half as much as stealer will charge, plus you'll be all set for the next time. You'll be amazed at how easy it is!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Antnee 2004 FLHT
It happens especially this time of year. Hope you didnt have to trailer it home. That is the reason I bought a tire warranty package. I heard that the dealer service off new rear tire and labor is about 600 - 800. Good luck.
+1

It'll take 2 or 3 flats to pay for the warranty.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:40 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Now's a good time to spend that money wisely. Buy a service Manual, a couple of tire spoons and some rim protectors. Tires from Jake Wilson and some Dynabeads. Get a ft pound torque wrench and do it yourself. You'll probably spend half as much as stealer will charge, plus you'll be all set for the next time. You'll be amazed at how easy it is!
All well and good assuming that your tire has the courtesy to go flat at your house and not 2,000 miles away on a road trip.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambo
Just over 500 miles on the new bike, I got a FREAKIN screw in my rear tire. Should I have the dealer put a new one on or go to another shop and have them put it on after I order? I want to replace them both now with wide white walls. Good place to buy from? Geesus I am Pissed!
The night I picked up my new RKC after 2 hours I picked up a 1/4" bolt in the rear tire and had to trailer it home. No fixing that big **** thing. Dealer said it happens to all new HD's. (kidding me of course) Lifes a beach!!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by faapilot
I got a nail (huge) in my rear tire at 600 miles on my 2009 EGUC...but had the extended warranty w/tire and wheel coverage....new tire at $0.
Sorry, it wasn't free. You paid when you bought the service plan. Deduct what the Dealer would have charged for replacing the tire from the SP cost. Then you are closer to breaking even.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
sgod1100
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
I'd plug a brand new rear tire, but that's just me. I wouldn't blame anyone who chose to replace it.

I would/did too....I had a nail in my rear tire and plugged it with those strips that you twist into the tire along with rubber cement. It was sealed and worked perfectly fine for the remainder of the tire life

Old 04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 million.....for what it costs to pay the dealer for a couple sets of new tires and labor, you've covered a big bore and cams almost.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, it wasn't free. You paid when you bought the service plan. Deduct what the Dealer would have charged for replacing the tire from the SP cost. Then you are closer to breaking even.
Exactly......nothing is Free.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I'd plug it. About $5 for plugs and tools, a couple minutes of time.
For about $20 you can get a kit with a compressor (or CO2) plugs and tools then your set if it ever happens again you can fix it no matter where you are.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Got you all beat on my brand new 2000 I rode 35 miles away from home and picked up a nail....sucks cause I rode ol bikes with practically bald tires and never got a flat

Quick Reply: I want to PUKE!!!!!!!