Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Killed 2 Birds with 1 Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is another NEw bike. She could care less about the type. It will surely blow over. If not, oh well

Old 04-06-2010, 09:26 PM
bunkerbeer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hay Lou, she would be fine... if not, take her face book farm away... lol...

Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

Originally Posted by bunkerbeer
I nearly shot coffee out of my nose reading this one... how funny - and how true!!

Old 04-07-2010, 06:37 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

I alway's tell my wife you can't do it when your dead.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Avalanche_Mutt
Tourer

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I kinda had this happen to me too. Years and I mean years ago (back in the early 80s) I traded the wifes car (Celica) for a Z28 Camero without asking her. Boy she was pissed for years over that. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Now for some advice: Ask her about "detaching the Tour Pak" and put on a backrest. She may not think it looks so much like a Gezzer Glide then. It'll probaly cost you a grand to do it, but hey you have to live with her.
disconnect tour pak kit will run you $650 for both kits needed and about 3-4 hours of our time.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:32 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkerbeer
I don't know, you take the farm away, and you might have to really spend time and talk. lol.

Congrats on the new scoot. She'll come around.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:34 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Just tell her that its best to jump on the back of the bike because there will be a nice peice of a$$ on the back one way or another. Her choice if its hers or another honey who does like riding.

Let us know how this strategy turns out.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:39 AM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Women......ya cant live with them and you cant live with them!!!!

And of course. Why do most men die before their wives........cause they want to!

Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior

I think the problem is you didn't get her input. I have the same situations at times. All I have to do is get her input about it. Not that I really cared or wasn't going to do it anyway, but the fact that I talked to her about it. I guess it helps lessen the surprise when I do whatever it was. Anyway it's all about the input. Well at least you can still ride.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Ok, you bought a new Ultra, and your wife isn't talking to you. So...... what's the problem, exactly?

Originally Posted by VETERAN75
I think the problem is you didn't get her input. I have the same situations at times. All I have to do is get her input about it. Not that I really cared or wasn't going to do it anyway, but the fact that I talked to her about it. I guess it helps lessen the surprise when I do whatever it was. Anyway it's all about the input. Well at least you can still ride.
Good god, if you start asking for her input, she's going to expect you're going to do that all the time.

I was bikeless for a couple of years, and last summer, and when I told my wife I was buying another scoot, she actually forbade me to do it. I talked about it with her several times over a couple of weeks and gave her time to change her mind. She didn't, and I bought it anyway. She was pissed! She still says she hates it, but I know she doesn't really care. She even bought me a leather FXRG jacket for my birthday last year.

Originally Posted by bald1der
I don't know, you take the farm away, and you might have to really spend time and talk. lol.
lmao! I love the facebook farm. I've had more peaceful evenings in the last year than I've had in the last 10.

Quick Reply: Killed 2 Birds with 1 Motorcycle