Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered C&C seat, was a mistake to not go Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010 | 09:13 PM
pp07streetglide
|
Novice
Default Ordered C&C seat, was a mistake to not go Mustang?

I ordered a solo C&C seat with back rest, but having second thoughts. Previously had a Mustang on my RK, both the wife and i appreciated it. I now have a Street Glide and like the looks of C&C. C&C said the pillion is not made for touring, but will probably add a more comfortable pillion in the Fall.

For me the rider am I going to be sorry i didn't order another Mustang? Does anyone have a C&C that rides 500 miles a day when on the road?

Old 04-04-2010 | 09:37 PM
hondo1
Tourer

From 1998 -2003 I logged over 130,000 miles. Have stopped the long distance riding so put a C&C solo seat on my 2009 Road Glide. Though I love the looks of my solo C&C, if I were still doing long distance riding I would certainly have a different seat. Have done a couple of 300 mile days and just was not overly impressed.

Can't compare it to a mustang as I never had one. Had a Corbin on my ST1100 when doing my 10300 mile roundtrip ride from Texas to Alaska and it was great. The most comfortable seat I ever had , though ugly, was the Russell Day Long. You can not beat it for comfort if you can deal with the looks. That is why I rode so many miles; I figured if my butt was on the comfortable seat no one could see how ugly it was.

Old 04-04-2010 | 10:40 PM
scooplove
Tourer

Ride it and find out for yourself. I didn't make a mistake with the CC.

Old 04-04-2010 | 11:20 PM
nowski91381
Tourer

Haven't made a long trip with my C&C yet but I love it so far!!!

Old 04-05-2010 | 05:41 AM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Default C&C Seat

I love my C&C fast back. I ride one up and have made at least one 500 mile trip but typically we do at leat 250's on Saturdays. It 's great. Never an issue. I have a gel pad in mine and love it.

Old 04-05-2010 | 06:44 AM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior

I tried a C&C Sport Tour with backrest on my FLHX. I was not overly impressed. I didn't care for the way it sat on the bike, the way the felt was glued to the seat pan and I didn't find it very comfortable. After a very short amount of time (under an hour) I found myself squirming around in my seat.

I sold it and bought a Mustang solo with backrest. I like the way the cover is attached to the seat pan, I like how rubber bumper rest on the frame and I like the comfort of the seat. With the Mustang I can ride for hours.

It seems that the vast majority of people who try a C&C are very happy with their choice however I was not one of them.

Old 04-05-2010 | 06:47 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member

My C&C seat is no where near as comfortable as my Mustang.

Old 04-05-2010 | 08:29 AM
gibby122
Road Captain

I came off of a Mustang on my RK Cust, but didnt think the look of a mustang on my 010 St Glide looked right. I was caught between looks and comfornt, I wanted both! I decided to go w/C&C since alot of folks here loved theirs. Ill be honest, when I opened the box, I was not impressed at all, and bit PO'd at myself for purchasing it. I didnt like the way the bottom was finished, Ive made some home made seats, & thats what the bottom of this seat looked like. then I had a hell of a time getting it to fit, after finally getting it on, and logging about 700 miles with it (couple of 200 mile days), I have to say I am VERY pleased with it. I love the look of it on the bike, and I actually find it more comfortable than my Mustang. The backrest kiks' **** as well. as for the p-pad, I gave a friend of mine a ride, and she said it was not as comfy as the Mustang, but said it was 'sufficient'. My wife will take her 1st long ride with the p-pad this coming Sunday, but so far she's said she cant feel a differance on the short rides between the c&c & the mustang. Overall, Im pleased with my purchase. The cost was lower than the Mustang, better lines on the bike, and IMOP more comfort. If I had to do it over again, id still go with C&C. I do wish however they would find a better way to finish off the bottome of their seats. More along the lines of how mustang finishes theirs off. I hope this helps.

Old 04-05-2010 | 08:54 AM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member

Its always interesting how people's experience with a company differs. I bought a fastback and love it. So much so that I recommend them a lot. I knew that it was really a solo seat going in. 90% of my riding is solo. The seat is extremely comfortable for me. I think it is very high quality. I have several days on it in the 700-800 mile range. Lots in the 250-500 mile range. Never uncomfortable. That said, I have a sundowner for the trips I take with the wife. The passenger pads on the C&C seats didn't look that comfortable and if she's not happy I'm not happy. The sundowner is comfortable but I am buying a backrest for it.

I have had a variety of seats on other bikes, mustang, ultimate, corbin. They were all nice. I wanted a low custom look for this bike, that is why I went with the C&C. The only seat I never really liked much was the Corbin. Its quality was top notch, I just could never get comfortable. They seem to be either a love it or hate it product.

Old 04-05-2010 | 10:10 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member

Your fanny will let you know for sure. Some like the thinner, harder low profile type seats while still others like the plush, soft styles. If you find the you can't get along with the C&C try a sheepskin before you give up on it. In hot weather it'll turn a miserable day into an enjoyable one.

Quick Reply: Ordered C&C seat, was a mistake to not go Mustang?