Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered C&C seat, was a mistake to not go Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010 | 10:44 AM
meepers
Tourer

Wow, I went from a Mustang TO a C&C. I absolutely LOVE it. I had the mustang solo w/backrest with the detachable passanger seat. I sold the mustang because it had the super padded back seat that wouldnt work with the factory HD tour pack mount (too wide). I picked up the C&C on the boards here for a steal, I personally like this seat more WITHOUT a backrest then I did my mustang WITH a backrest. I can put down 300+ miles in a day without the insides of my thighs cramping or my *** falling asleep like it did with the mustang. I think the mustang was a little too wide for me on the inside. Keep in mind, I also HATE ultra style seats, and my RK solo seat from C&C is perfect for me. I just ordered the passanger pillion for this, and have yet to ride 2up with this seat, but with 6k miles on this seat, I have NO complaints.

Old 04-05-2010 | 10:49 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member

I love my C & C Seat , I have a Mustang Solo and the passenger wide seat,it was very confortable but hated the looks, I personally think Mustang seats look cheap, I would put the stock seat on when I used the tour pak because it matched the tour pak's wrap around back rest, I sold my stock seat and wrap around back rest and bought a Mustang wrap around back rest to match the seats, I now use it with tour pak (about 10% of my riding) and the C & C the rest of the time, I like it's looks & style, it sits you down in the bike lower than the Mustang and a little futher back, I find both to be confortable and my wife says the large pillion pad is fine, truthfully the Mustang is a little more confortable but if I could only have one it would be the C & C

Old 04-05-2010 | 11:06 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Overdoo
I love my C&C fast back. I ride one up and have made at least one 500 mile trip but typically we do at leat 250's on Saturdays. It 's great. Never an issue. I have a gel pad in mine and love it.
Yep! What he said almost word for word. Except: "I love my C&C sport tour" & I have done more than one 500 mile trip!