Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camping vs Motel

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:45 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by timvan
Wife wanted a toy hauler, hard to justify the initial price + added fuel to haul to your own bed when you can just pay for a room and walk away from it
My Linda and I thought Toy Hauler was the way to go as we went shopping for the heck of it. $48K for a GMC/Chevy Crew Cab Dually and $63K for Toy Hauler. Ridiculous.

The answer is absolutely a No, No...Due to depreciation kicking in !.

We usually stay in hotels with swimming pool, hot tub and have contential breakfast. Sure feels good not having a payment book and walk away knowing that the hotel bill's paid for.

Thorey

Old 04-06-2010, 05:58 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
My Linda and I thought Toy Hauler was the way to go as we went shopping for the heck of it. $48K for a GMC/Chevy Crew Cab Dually and $63K for Toy Hauler. Ridiculous.

The answer is absolutely a No, No...Due to depreciation kicking in !.

We usually stay in hotels with swimming pool, hot tub and have contential breakfast. Sure feels good not having a payment book and walk away knowing that the hotel bill's paid for.

Thorey

We already have the truck, so it would just be the toy hauler... but honestly for the time id use I cant see the $$ in it. It would be different if I were retired like my parents and had the time to tour the country in a Prevost

We can stay in a lot of nice hotels for just the depriciation or storage fees

Old 04-06-2010, 07:19 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Depends on what your ride is all about.The wife and I are campers,so we do it as often as we can.Depends on the event how we spend the night.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Rick Lee
Advanced

My camping experience was limited to a 36' Class A. Hotel/ Motel for sure. My idea of roughing it is a cheap motel

Old 04-06-2010, 03:12 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

we like to take the camper and park it up north some place for the week end week or what ever we have time for and then ride out from there and use it for like our home base , then we can cook there and save money or just stay there all day with the grand kids , but if traveling its only a MOTEL

Old 04-06-2010, 03:26 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Camping cause I'm cheap , motel every now and then

Old 04-06-2010, 03:36 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

My wife grew up on a ranch. Her idea of roughing it now is "no wet bar". We like comfort when were on the road, Hotel Only.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:43 PM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I have reached the age (and level of wisdom) that makes the desire for a little luxury the only way to go at the end of the day. A nice hotel, good meal, and comfy bed are the ONLY way to go! I don't mind traveling in the elements, but I'm not interested in sleeping in them.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Time2Cruise
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No question if the wife is along, we'll be in a hotel or motel. If by myself I'll like to camp once in a while. Something about throwing the tent and bag on the bike.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:12 PM
never say never
Tourer

i enjoy camping because im a cheap date,but i do manage to camp close to hotels that have free breakfast for the motorcycle rallies thru out the years i have collected many hotel card keys so i always have a card to show the poor little immigrant at the hotel that yes i am staying here. filler up baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Camping vs Motel