Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about 2-1-2 on my 2010 SG

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:52 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Thinking about 2-1-2 on my 2010 SG

I'm not that impressed with my SE slip-on on my 2010 Street glide and have been debating going with the fuel moto 2-1-2 headpipe and some rinehart slip-ons. Has anyone done this setup or have a round about price for the extra parts list you need to get to complete this install?

*OEM parts list for converting 2010 Street Glide & Road Glide 2/1 models to dual exhaust

3576 SCREW, HEX FLANGE LOCK QT 1
4705 SCREW, HEX SOCKEY, SEMS QT 1
65296-09 CLAMP, MUFFLER QT 1
65636-09 HEATSHIELD, LH, REAR QT 1
66858-09 X-OVER PIPE QT 1
66859-09 CLAMP, EXHAUST QT 1
66861-09A CLAMP, HINGED QT 1
66881-09 BRACKET, EXHAUST ASY QT 1
9955 CLAMP QT 2
65723-85 BRACKET, MUFFLER QT 1
65724-85 RUBBER MOUNT QT 1
66813-09 GASKET, EXHAUST CLAMP QT

If anyone has completed this setup did you go strait to your dealer or order online/ Anyone have a good online Harley store that stocks these parts, my dealer is a good hour away and i just moved to the area so i don't have a good working relation with them yet.
Also i have the stage one down load from Harley, will the PCV have a map that will work with the download and this new setup? I already emailed Jamie at fuel moto with these questions but would like to hear from someone that has already done it on there 2010 Street glide or Road glide. Any tips would be nice, if the cost is to high i'm also thinking of just using the rinehart setup that comes complete for around a grand it look like, i just not to pleased with there headpipe design that x's were it splits.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

look on ebay for a 2010 ultra or Road king take-off exhaust...

OR you can do what I just did for my new 2010 Road Glide Custom...

Fullsac X-pipe
'09 exhaust crossover pipe
2010 CVO Street Glide mufflers w/ 2" fullsac baffles

Old 04-05-2010, 09:07 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was lucky enough to know someone who had stock exhaust from an 09 Ultra just laying around from when he installed true duals so I had everything I needed except the hardware that mounts the left muffler to the saddle bag support rail. Check to see if your bike has the bracket that the hinged clamp mounts to for the crossover pipe, mine did.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
I was lucky enough to know someone who had stock exhaust from an 09 Ultra just laying around from when he installed true duals so I had everything I needed except the hardware that mounts the left muffler to the saddle bag support rail. Check to see if your bike has the bracket that the hinged clamp mounts to for the crossover pipe, mine did.

hey, your bike looks just like mine! LOL
yes, the bracket is there on mine.
what did you do for the O2 sensors on the '09 headpipe?

Old 04-05-2010, 09:40 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

"what did you do for the O2 sensors on the '09 headpipe?"

I was wondering the same thing, iv'e been offered stock pipes but i would like the free flowing head pipe that fuelmoto or rinehart sells.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:45 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior

I've got the Jackpot 2/1/2's and dyno tuned mufflers, I just needed all the other crap. Nice bike!!!

Last edited by NoCoLoco; 04-05-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
I've got the Jackpot 2/1/2's and dyno tuned mufflers, I just needed all the other crap. Nice bike!!!
Having just moved here i don't know anyone that would have an old left side setup lying around, other wise i'd love to go with the setup you used. I guess i could wait a little longer and piece the exhaust i want together. I'll have to email the local deal the extra parts list and see what the damages are going to be! So did you really feel a big differance with the new set up? When i had the nightstick, heavy breather and stage one download added it wasnt that much of a change and only a little louder.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Having just moved here i don't know anyone that would have an old left side setup lying around, other wise i'd love to go with the setup you used. I guess i could wait a little longer and piece the exhaust i want together. I'll have to email the local deal the extra parts list and see what the damages are going to be! So did you really feel a big differance with the new set up? When i had the nightstick, heavy breather and stage one download added it wasnt that much of a change and only a little louder.
checkout ebay....
That's where I got all of my stock stuff..... cheap!

I ordered the Fullsac X-pipe and 2" baffles for the CVO mufflers.
they're arriving tomorrow, I'll be posting pics of everything I have done after I install the exhaust tomorrow! WhooHoo!
the bike doesn't look like the sig pic anymore....... hehe.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 AM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
If I remember correctly it would have cost about $340 to get all that stuff from the dealership. You can also try craigslist to find the parts. Don't expect a "huge" increase in power just by changing the air flow but it will definitely be noticeable.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:58 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Place an W.T.B (Want to buy) ad in here on what you're looking for. I'm sure it'll come in handy and cheaper. Otherwise, Pay up full price on the items you want for your bike.

Decisions, Decisions and Decisions,

Thorey

Quick Reply: Thinking about 2-1-2 on my 2010 SG