Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Hayhoss
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Ultra Limited

Those of you that now have the new Limited; how are you liking it ? Are you happy with the 103" power ? The all around aspects of this bike ? I am thinking that this is my next choice, but wanted any feedback from current owners ! Thanks so much in advance, Craig

Old 04-03-2010, 01:15 PM
merlin41
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had mine about 3 weeks. Weather has been bad so only have about 400 miles on it. Power is much improved compared to my '06 Ultra. New frame is great compared to '06 - handles a lot better. Gas mileage is around 36 on the first couple of tanks - hope that improves. I'm 5'8 and will be installing the HD pull-back bars so I sit a little straighter instead of slightly leaned forward. First time I've had heated grips - a nice feature. Bike has been great so far - no regrets.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:01 PM
DukeofEarl
Tourer

Best Harley I've had.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:17 PM
LetItRide
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never owned a Harley before my Limited, so I can't compare the new frame to the old one. I wish I could - I'd probably appreciate it more :-)

I have absolutely no complaints with the bike - but the only reason it is still almost completely stock is financial - not lack of ideas :-)

The wife loves it as a passenger, so it's definitely a keeper.

Jim

Old 04-03-2010, 04:30 PM
bwiningr
Intermediate

I love mine i had an 04 Electra Glide Classic and there is not comparison in the ride, it is so much better than the 04. I have had mine lowered front and rear, reach seat HD pull back bars, and the 103 is a marked improvement over the 88 in the 04.

Its a great bike

Old 04-03-2010, 04:40 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiningr
I love mine i had an 04 Electra Glide Classic and there is not comparison in the ride, it is so much better than the 04. I have had mine lowered front and rear, reach seat HD pull back bars, and the 103 is a marked improvement over the 88 in the 04.

Its a great bike
I've had mine for a few weeks now, like the bike, but wish the handlebars or my arms were a little longer. As I've discussed in another thread, i wanted to have the HD pullback bars installed, but reconsidered it when the dealer informed me how much it would cost in parts and labor(5-6 hours plus). May I ask if the dealer installed them for you, and was it as extensive and expensive as I was led to believe? Thanks.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:45 PM
QQVEPY
Intermediate
Talking I Love It

I've had mine since January and absolutely love it. Through the cold weather, the heated grips were great. In fact they would start to be too warm when cranked all the way up. I have since considered adding a heated seat because of an upcoming transfer to the Rockies. The 103 has great power. It is a noticable improvement over the 96. It was painful waiting for the break-in to be over so I could open it up. It won't out run my 1200 Bandit S but it will haul. I have gotten 39 mpg in mixed driving from the last two tanks. I haven't had a long highway trip to see where it maxs out at. The new frame is awesome and handles quite well through the twistys. The stereo was a little under powered for my taste so I beefed it up with the HD BOOM speakers and amp. It really cranks now. I've also added the new passenger cruise pegs and grab rail for the wife and she absolutely loves riding now. It took me a long time to get to the point of buying it and I don't regret it at all. The only thing I could see that would be better would be a CVO with the 110. I just couldn't swing the extra 10K.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:20 PM
arkeglide
Advanced

If I am not mistaken, the 103 is the same tried and true motor the MoCo has been putting in Police bikes for a few years now, it a tried and true motor. I stepped off a 95ci with some upgades and a Thunderheader, so as far a power goes, I would say its almost the same. I have never put any real time on a 96" OR 88" bike, so I am not sure how they compare. I can't wait to do a PCv and AC with a unrestricted exhaust to see how it really can run.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:15 PM
bwiningr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rvnkontum
I've had mine for a few weeks now, like the bike, but wish the handlebars or my arms were a little longer. As I've discussed in another thread, i wanted to have the HD pullback bars installed, but reconsidered it when the dealer informed me how much it would cost in parts and labor(5-6 hours plus). May I ask if the dealer installed them for you, and was it as extensive and expensive as I was led to believe? Thanks.
No i dont think it was ask expensive are you were told i had HD pull back bars,w/longer clutch cable, front end lowered and adding chrome front end pack, reach seat, rear lowered with low profile touring shocks, and SE slip on and for all of that was a total of 10 hrs labor =$750.00. I did do it at time of purchase but i dont really think it would be that much more any other time.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Jofio
4th Gear

Love the way it handles and got to love those heated grips in the cool mornings
and the Bigger tires and the ABS and the bigger engine Guess I love it

Quick Reply: 2010 Ultra Limited