Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 08:45 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiningr
No i dont think it was ask expensive are you were told i had HD pull back bars,w/longer clutch cable, front end lowered and adding chrome front end pack, reach seat, rear lowered with low profile touring shocks, and SE slip on and for all of that was a total of 10 hrs labor =$750.00. I did do it at time of purchase but i dont really think it would be that much more any other time.
Thanks, I know i'll be doing it sooner or later, in the meantime I'm looking forward to putting on Python Predator slipons, and a SE stage 1 AC in a couple of weeks and continue to enjoy a very enjoyable bike!

Old 04-03-2010, 08:48 PM
FLS2FLH
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming from a Evo, my Limited is such a step up it's almost illegal!

I'm going to do a Stage 1 in the next 6 months - not that I'm dissatisfied with the stock 103. Go check out the numbers the Fuelmoto guys got out of their test Limited with a new A/C, pipes and a PCV. All the 'hard work' (minus cam if you chose to go that far) is already done for you on delivery - that's pretty damn convienant.

I also love the idea of ABS. I didn't really care at first - take it or leave it. But honestly if it saves my *** once... hard to put a value on that.

Today I rode it harder than I had - I'm approaching my 1000 mile service and figured it's 'broken in enough'. The new frame makes it very nimble for its size and weight. You can clip along at 85 in 6th on the highway feeling firmly planted, and really feel confident that your throttle hand has more to go.

It is my opinion that - if you were going to go with an Ultra, and you have the extra scratch - you will not feel like you spent more and didnt get much by going up to the Limited.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Edgell
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Came off a FJR and was really surprised how well the limited handles for its size and weight, like everything about it, the power is good but I bought it with the stage 1 done so cant compare. Have the Fuelmoto header ordered with pcv which is suppose to give me a bit more hp and tq, but even in near stock form it fine, if you ride 2 up this is the bike imo...

Old 04-04-2010, 12:54 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, there's a difference between the 103" motor and the other motors. I had an 88" and two 96" before this one. The big test for me was coming up the mountain from 2500 foot in elevation to over 6500 foot, and about 2000 feet of that climb is in a 1.5 mile shot. With the prior motors, I had to downshift at highway (75mph) speeds so as not to lose speed. Not so with the 103". I just role on the throttle a little more and up she goes.

The oil cooler on the motor does make a little difference as compared to the 96" motors. Both get hot, eventually, but with cooler oil temperatures it is not as noticeable as quickly (at least not so far).

The heated grips are GREAT. I've used them several times already, including this morning when it was only 38 degrees when I left the house. I put the grips on the 4 setting (there are 6) and had to turn it down to 2 a little bit later. The backs of my fingers got cool but not nearly as much as the fingers of my buds. For long distance rides in 30 to 38 degree temps I'd say get a set of electric gloves, but I don't ride that often in temps that cold for that long. So the electric grips are all I need.

I'm not a loud pipes kind of rider, so I really appreciate the subtle sound of the 103" motor with the stock pipes. I prefer long distance riding where I can hear the stereo over the pipes.

Speaking of stereo, I am perfectly okay with the stock radio and speakers. Lots of guys seem to like upgrading the speakers, but I'd rather spend the extra $$ on other things for the bike. At speeds over 65 mph I usually just plug in the headset anyway, so the speaker upgrade is not that big of a deal. Maybe someday, when I've done putting other things on the bike, I'll consider the upgrade, but for now I'm happy.

I think the seat is a little more comfortable than what I had on an '09 Ultra. It may be just in my head, but I find it an acceptable seat.

I added Harley Goodies floorboard extensions (my 2nd set), and that makes a big difference on foot placement. Well worth the money, in my opinion. Likewise, a set of good highway pegs is a must, especially if you do any distance riding.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the performance mods done before delivery. I just had my 1k svc done. then went on a 250 mile ride several hills and long and I mean long curves. If you have ever travelled the Hal Rogers Parkway between London and Hazard you'll know what I mean. I ran thru them at 80 and loved it. The big bike seemed to want more. Handling is great as said before.
The stereo is very good even with stock speaker it turns out some great tunes with the xm radio module. a little pricey at $425. with the discount. but worth it.
I'm sure if you look hard and long enough you could come up with short commings but good luck. I'm sure as the summer warms up so will abit of heat off the engine, But what the hell its a Harley Davidson. LIfe is good.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:39 AM
AVALANCHE1
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far my experience with the limited has exceeded my expectations.
I thought I would not use the heated grips but now don't think I could be without them.
The handling is much better than my 07 Ultra - KUDU's to the MoCo!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:33 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Great bike, had it since Thanksgiving and I've already got almost 6,000 miles on it. I've made some changes, but the basic package is very, very good. Best motorcycle of any brand I've ever ridden.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get em while they last!

Cant compare to the Heritage... although the wife and I did several trips on the Softail, we are going to ware this Limited Out.
Everything about it is great, I have already had to wake her up last weekend, Im like what the hell you sleeping back there.

And just like muscle cars, I dont care what you do to it, someone else has done more to theirs. With that said only will add exhaust to it one day with some extra do-dads and thats it. I plan on enjoying the hell of this bike.......

The MOCO hit this one out of the park if you ask me, Great Package for the price.....

Ride On.....

Old 04-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Tombo359
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far it has been a great ride. I moved up from a 2003 Ultra Classic that had been lowered by the previous owner. This one rides and handles much better. Wife had more room in back and I love the bigger motor (103 v 88), six speed transmission and 6 gallon tank. I put the PC-V and A/C from Fuel Moto on and waiting for the headpipe to put on the the Jackpot mufflers. She runs good now but expect she will run great when finished and broken in.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Traded my 2007 Ultra for the Blue on black Ltd - my 07 had heated grips, removable tour pak, stage 1 Vance & Hines Ovals.

My Ltd has just had it's 1000 mile service (April bike) and runs with HD intermediates as I don't feel the need for stage 1 or the added noise anymore on a tourer.

Also added locking glove boxes, Klock Werks screen with pouches, extra chrome bits n bobs, E-Glide pannier lower tool kits....

The bad, the Ltd doesn't handle as well at low speed, I guess from the fat tyres which make it slow to turn, the heated grips whilst hot are not as good as the MoCo P&A versions I had on the 07.

The good, the frame and tyres make handling worlds apart, this one handles like a regular motorcycle where as the 07 twisted and shaked in bends at speed. The engine is well ahead especially on low down power. Most of my riding will be two up so this will help especially on the the to St Tropez next month.

Tanks range isn't what I thought it would be yet but the engine is still tight, the count down to empty is helpful and hopefully will show 200 miles between fill ups.

I swapped down to the tank and frame and so far so good, I wouldn't want to spend the additional money to get a CVO. What I would like is to firm up the front end

Quick Reply: 2010 Ultra Limited