Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest amp in RG fairing???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 08:54 AM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 256 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Biggest amp in RG fairing???

What's the biggest amp that will fit inside the fairing on a RG? I've been reading all the audio posts trying to decide on a speaker & amp upgrade. I can't see spending 2-3 times the money for a motorcycle specific amp when you can get a good quality car amp for less than $100. One of the posts said that there was a lot more room in a RG fairing than a BW. I'm just wondering what the biggest amp anyone has used in their RG.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:26 AM
adlerx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still not gonna get a 12x12x4 car amp in there. Arc will go as will elf or shark. If you watch fleabay you might find a alpine 3522 for about $50, that will go but is only 35RMS per side( It is old school True pure clean power though).
I have the alpine but am gonna try the shark to see if it's any better. At only $53 delivered and claiming 75RMS per side, it will be a great deal if it really is half what it claims. The Elf is $200 and the ARC can be had for about just under $300.
Good luck, do you know where to put it under the fairing? Have you ever been under there?
OBTW, any car amp you get for under $100 isn't what I would consider quality... I've tried em...

Last edited by adlerx; 04-03-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:16 AM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member

Do a search on the shark amp, someone reported on another post that it got too hot. Why are you going to try a shark @$53. & say that any car amp under $100. isn't quality? I'm looking at a Kicker that's 10.25x9.5x2.125, not 12x12x4 I already know that won't work.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
Do a search on the shark amp, someone reported on another post that it got too hot. Why are you going to try a shark @$53. & say that any car amp under $100. isn't quality? I'm looking at a Kicker that's 10.25x9.5x2.125, not 12x12x4 I already know that won't work.
I dont think he is the one that said he wanted a quality amp for under $100. He is right though, there isn such thing unless its used or stolen. ARC makes nice amps. Worth the extra $$$.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:32 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member

Just looking for RG owners that have installed an amp & can tell me how much room there is , if you installed an arc you should be able to tell me if there's any more room. Someone on here said the RG has more room than a batwing, but I can't find it back, any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:29 PM
dredy2g
Tourer

Just looking for RG owners that have installed an amp & can tell me how much room there is , if you installed an arc you should be able to tell me if there's any more room. Someone on here said the RG has more room than a batwing, but I can't find it back, any help would be appreciated.
I think this might help you out DTTJGlide: ARC 125.2/KS 5026 Road Glide install ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) 1FLTRI4ME

Old 04-03-2010, 02:41 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

this one works real well ,,,,,, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....-250HR06&PF=44 ,,,,

Old 04-03-2010, 02:55 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks dredy2g, that helps a lot, it actually looks like less room than a batwing, I guess it just depends on the shape. The bad part was I looked at that post, just wasn't thinking about an amp at that time. I've read so many audio posts & so many different opinions that I'm almost as mixed up now as I was before I knew anything about it. Seems like 2 different people can have the same product & their opinions are exactly the opposite. I guess I just have to go with my gut & jump in, thanks again for the link.

The following users liked this post:
Hmarashi (12-28-2019)
Old 04-03-2010, 03:11 PM
dredy2g
Tourer

Thanks dredy2g, that helps a lot, it actually looks like less room than a batwing, I guess it just depends on the shape. The bad part was I looked at that post, just wasn't thinking about an amp at that time. I've read so many audio posts & so many different opinions that I'm almost as mixed up now as I was before I knew anything about it. Seems like 2 different people can have the same product & their opinions are exactly the opposite. I guess I just have to go with my gut & jump in, thanks again for the link.
Hey DTTJGlide you might want to give Wayne (Firecap501) a call he's a forum sponsor and ARC dealer he can answer any question you may have here's his number: 405-343-5050. He helped me out with my stereo setup he's a real good guy to work with. Good luck bro....

Old 04-03-2010, 03:55 PM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is just enough room to mount the arc amp between the glove box and the inner wall. and i had to make a bracket to do that...so whatever the dimesions are , i think its about it....sounds good ...give it a try, its as loud as i can stand

Quick Reply: Biggest amp in RG fairing???