Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side car for the 06 street glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Kufar
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side car for the 06 street glide

Has any one bought one? How much $$$? Used one? Is it a pain in the #$% to hook up...take off? Is it even possible with the street glide? I have two boys (3 & 5) that are beggin to go riding with Dad. I don't think they are ready yet. My youngest would end up hanging off the front forks trying to shove something into my wheel, and well Momma thinks it would be cool to take them with us, and like have stated before....If Momma aint happy....no one is!

Old 08-06-2006, 12:06 AM
waffler
Tourer
Default RE: Side car for the 06 street glide

$5000 on craigslist boston not sure where you live not mine i just happened to see it

Old 08-06-2006, 12:10 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

I hate to say it, Momma needs to keep the kids at home. 3 and 5 are a little young, sidecar or not. Imagine if you had an accident, or some cager nails you. Not a pretty thought.

Save your money and go to disney land....

lp

Old 08-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It can be done. Need to have it installed and aligned properly by a tech who knows what he is doing...alignment is critical on a hack. If you get one, practice A LOT before you put a loved one in there. Not as simple as it looks..........I've owned a sidecar rig and it takes some getting used to. Get expert help!

Old 08-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Topper
Road Captain

Carolina HD just did a conversion for a customer. Put in a Ridley tranny, only pipe that would fit was the Bassani duals............Just from what I saw, the bike was in the shop for almost 3 months. Weight had to be added to the cart, in the form of sand bags with lead, (Guy was disabled and heavy), and for riding kids, I WOULD not recommend. The owner was injured in a moto accident and loves to ride, if not, he would not have gone through the hassel. Its a fairly big deal to rig any bike for a cart and IMO, not cost effective unless its the only way you can ride. GL!

Old 08-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Topper
Road Captain

Forgot to add, he also did a Jims 113 or 120 (Can't remember) to pull the beast. Lots of $$$$, to get that puppy rolling.

Old 08-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Cowboy49
Tourer

I couldn't imagine not being able to lean into a corner. Side Cars are blah!

Old 08-06-2006, 01:59 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a friend with one because he can't ride any other way. In my opinion they suck. They are hard to ride, especially in the curves, and he had to add a lot of power just to run Interstate speeds on level ground.

Regards,

Bill

Old 08-06-2006, 04:39 AM
FLRYDR
Advanced

Kufar,

To answer your question yes you can get it to fit your bike. The advantage from the MOCO is it would match paint perfectly. I do not own one but rode 1 a few years back mounted to a 92 FLHTCU Evo. With me driving, the wife on the back and my buddy in the car I thought it handled pretty good. It definitely would take some getting used to and you have to remember that you have 4 feet sticking out the right side of the bike but there are folks who have them and love them.

I do see them used on eBay occasionally.

http://www.pashnit.com/bikes/sidecar.htm

http://www.sidecar.com/default.asp

FLRYDR

Old 08-06-2006, 04:50 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw one in vivid black onEbay yesterday. 5000 bucks, buy it now. It came off of a Street Glide. They do take a lot of getting used to. They can be pretty challenging, to say the least. I might put one on a vintage bike, but by personal choice, I wouldn't have one on my SG.

Quick Reply: Side car for the 06 street glide