Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Stall King Touring Model

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:55 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 256 Likes on 156 Posts

You have a 4+ year old bike, it would make sense to actually have someone check to see if the problem could be easily fixed before whining about Harleys being a piece of sh*t on a Harley forum. If you can't get it diagnosed & fixed then you got a beef, complaining about something before you've tried to resolve the problem is azzin9!

Old 04-03-2010, 03:56 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by deer30084
Mods to my bike: Vance and Hines headers (true duals), Samson M-147, 29" Silver bullet slashers, K&N 0800 (screamin' eagle) air filter, Cobra FI2000R fuel maint. That's all.
Unplug the Cobra unit and see what happens, not one of the best "tuners" out there.

Check the terminals in the Cobra connector, look for corrosion if there is clean it and put dielectric grease in it before reassembleing.

Typically a hole in the fuel line will not cause it to die, it will run like crap on accelleration, Ive seen huge holes that didnt cause it to die though.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:41 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

just out of curiosity, did anyone at the dealership try to retrieve any fault codes? it's bound to be something quite simple. i've found that through the years, if you check the stupid stuff first, you can eliminate a huge percentage of problems. an example is a friend who has an 03 rk, his cruise no longer worked. we went for a ride and i noticed his brake light going on and off while he was riding, where he was not applying the brakes. voila, brake light switch on the handlebar was goofed up because he did not adhere to correct procedure while changing out some levers.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:55 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
just out of curiosity, did anyone at the dealership try to retrieve any fault codes? it's bound to be something quite simple. i've found that through the years, if you check the stupid stuff first, you can eliminate a huge percentage of problems. an example is a friend who has an 03 rk, his cruise no longer worked. we went for a ride and i noticed his brake light going on and off while he was riding, where he was not applying the brakes. voila, brake light switch on the handlebar was goofed up because he did not adhere to correct procedure while changing out some levers.
100% correct checking the stupid stuff is also the least expensive.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 AM
mrthinkshesfunny
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A buddy of mine had the same issues with his Fatboy.He disassembled the right hand switch and found that it had some corrosion in it.Cleaned it up and no more trouble.He has ridden it for close to 2 years without anymore trouble.Free fix,the best kind.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deer30084
Thanks Phat. As soon as my fuel filter gets in, I'll be taking it to a reputable shop at Panama City Beach, Fl. They'll be checking the fuel lines for a start. I venture to guess the people offended at my post are H-D employees.
Ive been a member on this forum for over 4 years, so I will offer a little advice, its all in your approach. Do not expect positive responses from other members here when making comparisons with your RK and a Yamaha. Remember you are riding what was manufactured by one of the very few remaining American companies, so have some due dilligence and work through the problems. I am not an HD employee, just a proud American.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:47 AM
deer30084
Advanced

Originally Posted by Carmell RKC
Ive been a member on this forum for over 4 years, so I will offer a little advice, its all in your approach. Do not expect positive responses from other members here when making comparisons with your RK and a Yamaha. Remember you are riding what was manufactured by one of the very few remaining American companies, so have some due dilligence and work through the problems. I am not an HD employee, just a proud American.
Ok, respectable advice.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Just trade it in on another,that's what I did when my Sportster was acting up and the techs could not fix it.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:51 PM
deer30084
Advanced

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
You have a 4+ year old bike, it would make sense to actually have someone check to see if the problem could be easily fixed before whining about Harleys being a piece of sh*t on a Harley forum. If you can't get it diagnosed & fixed then you got a beef, complaining about something before you've tried to resolve the problem is azzin9!
Gee I just feel terrible that you are upset by my post.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:00 PM
deer30084
Advanced

Originally Posted by slime_dog
Maybe you should ride on to victory! Have fun riding your new converted snowmobile (sic. Polaris)

So, you ended up with a problematic bike from HD. It's a very unusual problem. Why not treat it that way instead of bashing Harley Davidson as a whole. Just because a tech can't find your little random problem doesn't mean that the other million plus owners are going to join you in a boycott. Or, better yet, educate yourself and fix it yourself if you can't get satisfaction from your dealer.
I see that you hate the fact that I PUBLICIZED a genuine problem with a H-D motorcycle. I am sure there is someone out there in the market for a motorcycle and appreciates truthful information to make an informed decision.

Quick Reply: Harley Stall King Touring Model