Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Stall King Touring Model

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:07 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Some of you guys are pretty harsh ***-holes. Give the new guy a break - Geezzz! Lets hope you don't have any problems with your bike, lest somebody busts your chops over your frustration with it.
+1.....remind me if i ever have a problem just to keep my f**king mouth SHUT!!!!

Old 04-03-2010, 08:45 AM
onionfmr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the injectors. There is a Service Bulletin on this. Change from 8 degree to 25 degree injectors. I have an '06 RKC. Ran fine for a year. After about a year, developed an intermittent stalling problem. Riding down the road, engine would just shut off, no warning. Might be fine for a couple of weeks, then happen three times in one day of riding. Engine starting idling poorly, also.

There is a part# on the injectors, if you do a search on this forum you should be able to find the details to identify what injectors you have. Pretty easy to check and eliminate as a potential problem. Hard to troubleshoot over the Internet, something else to look at. I would think that dealers would have checked this already, but then again.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:58 AM
lucky chuckie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe someone stuck a ping pong ball in your tank. It's a dirty trick. Ball floats around gets sucked into the outlet engine stalls. I've heard of this but have never witnessed it. Hope you find the problem. Ok, I know, well maybe a mini-ping-pong-ball.

Last edited by lucky chuckie; 04-03-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:22 AM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,703 Likes on 2,126 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhand
well... go and do what ever in the hell you think you need to do. You really think i care?you have no idea just how little I care
What's got your undies in a bunch ? You've bitched on most of the last 10 posts you've made. WTF?

Old 04-03-2010, 09:27 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Some people just ain't happy unless the're bitching I guess.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:34 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man after a while you'll learn who to ask here on the forum, there's some real knowledable people on here who like to help instead of offend. Hope it all works out.

Last edited by phat96; 04-03-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Willy G.
Road Captain

Originally Posted by deer30084
I own the new Harley Davidson Stall King Classicl. That's right folks. Ever since June 2009, my FLHRCI, Road King Classic (Now the Stall King Classic) has had an intermittent stalling problem. It would stall when stopping several times in one day and wouldn't do it again until next month or so. Now it stalls frequently when slowing down and squeezing the clutch. Gee, maybe Harley put the engine cut off switch in the clutch rather than the button on the handlebar! I'm fed up with this! $20,000 (I bought it new) and I have a motorcycle that stalls like the '66 Volkswagon I used to own as a college kid! My Yamaha didn't do that! Since it happens so much, it can't be bad fuel or water in the fuel. I'm taking it to a shop this week when the fuel filter comes in. They will check my fuel lines. I'm willing to bet I am going to face a lot of replace this and replace that over the next few months and nothing will stop the stalling! I've read a lot of possibilities on this site: spark plug wires, sensors, fuel lines. The list is endless and thanks to all of your input in my previous post. I remember a salesman at the H-D dealer say "You can't beat a Harley." Yeah sure.
I hear alot of complaining and your just now taking it to the dealer, at least have it looked at before complaining.
Last I heard Yamaha is still selling bikes, try another one of theirs.
Ps I wonder where your yamaha is now.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:48 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I am with HogDoc on this.....when I first read your post I glanced quick and thought it was an 09. Upon reading again I see it is 4 years old and would want to know what the history of upgrades, repairs and maint is.

Maybe with that info a few of the talented wrenches on here could give you better info to discuss with the service department or even look into yourself.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:49 PM
deer30084
Advanced

Originally Posted by IndyClassic
I am with HogDoc on this.....when I first read your post I glanced quick and thought it was an 09. Upon reading again I see it is 4 years old and would want to know what the history of upgrades, repairs and maint is.

Maybe with that info a few of the talented wrenches on here could give you better info to discuss with the service department or even look into yourself.
Mods to my bike: Vance and Hines headers (true duals), Samson M-147, 29" Silver bullet slashers, K&N 0800 (screamin' eagle) air filter, Cobra FI2000R fuel maint. That's all.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:53 PM
deer30084
Advanced

Originally Posted by phat96
Hey man after a while you'll learn who to ask here on the forum, there's some real knowledable people on here who like to help instead of offend. Hope it all works out.
Thanks Phat. As soon as my fuel filter gets in, I'll be taking it to a reputable shop at Panama City Beach, Fl. They'll be checking the fuel lines for a start. I venture to guess the people offended at my post are H-D employees.

Quick Reply: Harley Stall King Touring Model