Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Stall King Touring Model

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 11:49 AM
deer30084
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
Personally can't stand post like this, Enjoy your victory, I am sure you could find a patch big enough to cover the Harley patches on your jacket.
Yeah ok, whatever. I'm not gonna argue with ya. Truth is, I like the Road King Classic...when it runs.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:01 PM
deer30084
Advanced

Originally Posted by slime_dog
Maybe you should ride on to victory! Have fun riding your new converted snowmobile (sic. Polaris)

So, you ended up with a problematic bike from HD. It's a very unusual problem. Why not treat it that way instead of bashing Harley Davidson as a whole. Just because a tech can't find your little random problem doesn't mean that the other million plus owners are going to join you in a boycott. Or, better yet, educate yourself and fix it yourself if you can't get satisfaction from your dealer.
Ok, points made. Sounds like I really struck a nerve here. I'm sure someone out there appreciates someone sounding off about a REAL problem with a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Sorry you're so offended.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:08 PM
deer30084
Advanced

Thank you to all of you who read my post and took the time to reply. I guess in time I'll eventually find out what the problem was. In the meantime, if a really quiet red '06Road King Classic pulls up behind you at a traffic light, it's probably me.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:24 PM
LX HEMI
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep us post on the status. Good luck.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry your having this problem, I would be super pissed.. especially if they dont find the problem, dealing with a ongoing problem is a pain in the a**.. And as far as people saying hey its under warranty, so let them fix it, or just wait to have it fixed, I dont really buy into that, I would rather have a bike that runs, if I have to lose my bike for a few weeks while they try to determine what the problem is, that is annoying. time with out a bike when the weather is nice, is a pain. Although you live in Florida, so you can ride all year... so I'm jelous of that!

Old 04-02-2010, 03:53 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by deer30084
Thank you to all of you who read my post and took the time to reply. I guess in time I'll eventually find out what the problem was. In the meantime, if a really quiet red '06Road King Classic pulls up behind you at a traffic light, it's probably me.
OK so now we know you have a 4 year old bike that has a COMPLETELY intermittant problem that started about a year ago. So what changes have been made to the bike over the last 4 years and what was done to it about a year ago?

Old 04-02-2010, 04:40 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go get the thing diagnosed and fixed instead of whining on the internet.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Some of you guys are pretty harsh ***-holes. Give the new guy a break - Geezzz! Lets hope you don't have any problems with your bike, lest somebody busts your chops over your frustration with it.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well... go and do what ever in the hell you think you need to do. You really think i care?you have no idea just how little I care

Old 04-03-2010, 06:57 AM
xtremechopper
Cruiser

Many people have had this issue and it is usually related to just a few things that are pretty minor. 2 of the most common culprits are the IAC motor getting carboned up and then the fuel line in the gas tank going to the fuel pump. That one gets a pinhole leak and causes the same issue.

The other common issue, like what was posted earlier is the speed sensor. I just ran into this one also when I converted my roadking into a roadglide. I didn't have the speedo working yet because I was in a rush to go for a ride and everytime the bike was warm it would stall at lights. I went nuts trying to diagnose this and tried everything then it dawned on me to get the speedo going and VOILA no more problem.

Either way, stick with it and go to a reputable shop with quality techs and they should be able to fix your problem and make you smile again. Good luck and let us know what it turns out to be

Quick Reply: Harley Stall King Touring Model