Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat compatibility....Street Glide to Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Shane08
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat compatibility....Street Glide to Road Glide

Hello,

Working with a gent on the for sell thread. He has a seat set up I think I want....question is the mounting points on a 2008 Street Glide and a 2008 Road Glide the same...for the basic seat?

Thanks,

Shane

Old 04-02-2010, 06:04 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are the same.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Shane08
Advanced
Default Many Thanks...

Thanks......

Old 04-02-2010, 06:16 AM
Rubber Slinger
Intermediate

Not so sure about that, bikes...
The Road Glide has the longer front 'tongue' that runs up to the shorter dash...
I have an 06 Electra Police with the short dash, and the Electra Standard, Street Glide, Road King seats don't fit, they are too short up front... but the stock Road Glide seats fit perfectly, I just bought a second seat for it this week on ebay, and it is off a stock '06 Road Glide...
But, like I said, this is an '06 bike, not an '08... but I don't think the major change in the FLH's came till the '09 models...

Old 04-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Rubber Slinger
Intermediate

Just re-read your post... yes, the mounting points are the same and it will mount on the bike, but if you're putting the RG seat on a SG the seat will run up over the lower few inches of the dash... and if you put a SG seat on a RG you'll have a few inches not covered, looks kinda hokey... but there are some aftermarket places selling covers just for that purpose...

Old 04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

yes, the roadglide seat will fit the streetglide, and is far more comfortable. i'm using an 09 roadglide seat on my 08 streetglide, and it made a huge improvement in both comfort and looks.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:01 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
yes, the roadglide seat will fit the streetglide, and is far more comfortable. i'm using an 09 roadglide seat on my 08 streetglide, and it made a huge improvement in both comfort and looks.
What is the difference between the seats? I have a SG and am not happy with the stock seat but the RG seat looks to be the same seat.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:26 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SA315B
What is the difference between the seats? I have a SG and am not happy with the stock seat but the RG seat looks to be the same seat.
Not to hijack this thread, but I got the Street Glide Sundowner seat for my bike and it's a little better. Not great, but better. It's MUCH better for the passenger though.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a '08 RG seat on my '08 SG and it fits fine. The RG seat is more padded and has a little larger passenger section. The SG seat is not as comfortable IMO.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:46 AM
adlerx
Road Captain

Just an FYI, the seats of all the 08+ touring bike/6gal tanks are interchangable. In previous years the rg and eg had the longer snout. The previous RG seats especially 01/02 were the most comfy stock seats HD ever made. Over the years they used cheaper and cheaper materials and they just sucked.
Then in 08 with the 6 gal tank and the ECM on top of the battery and had to take out two inches of padding, they have almost no useable padding and are true devices of torture. Get a Mustang!
I ran an 02 RG seat on my 08(yeah I know, won't fit, wrong, just takes some fenagleing) for a year and finally after 8 years on a RG, I finally bought a non stock seat, the mustang is one of the best investments I ever made!

Last edited by adlerx; 04-03-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Seat compatibility....Street Glide to Road Glide