Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rain gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 12:18 PM
wireman2511
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rain gear

i have used harley rain gear and im wondering whats my options i see harley has a new one that the hood becomes the bag that it rolls up in i also like the fact that it doesnt take up too much space but seems like it wont hold up too long any feedback thanx moochall

Old 08-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: rain gear

I have the "packable rainsuit" that rolls up into the hood for storage. Been using it for 5 yrs now with no problems or leaks. Cost the same today as 5 years ago, $139.00. Well worth it. I don't use the hood for anything, just pack it in my bags. You can also get a repair kit for the H-D rain suits for about $6.00.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dexo54

I have the "packable rainsuit" that rolls up into the hood for storage. Been using it for 5 yrs now with no problems or leaks. Cost the same today as 5 years ago, $139.00. Well worth it. I don't use the hood for anything, just pack it in my bags. You can also get a repair kit for the H-D rain suits for about $6.00.
Me too. Have not yet had the need to put it on in the rain, but I do like how compact it is to store. Some rain gear costs a bloody fortune. This set is a pretty good bang for the buck.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Kufar
6th Gear

I live on the east coast and have done a lot of water work in my time. I have a Helly Hansen rain suite and it works for me wether I am on the bike or on the water! "Helly Hansen Impertech" it comes with bibs witha high waist and snap cuffs at the ankles and the jacket has a hood you can roll into the collar and velcro at the wrist, plus it is made of a strechable material that will not constrict your movement. You can find Helly Hansen products in most marine shops. Hope this will help.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I have the "packable" rain suits. Hers uses the hood as the storage bag but mine has a seperate bag. Otherwise, they're identical. I've used my a lot and really like it.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:50 PM
allikanbe
Advanced

You may want to look at http://www.froggtoggs.com/proaction.htm I don't have them myself, but many riders on other forums swear by them.

Old 08-05-2006, 04:01 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,223 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Another user of the hood packable HD suit. Works well.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:32 PM
mwike
Cruiser

I wear a vented NorthFace jacket that is waterproof & features their windblocker technology. It may not look like your typical Harley jacket, but it works for me. I wear it rain or shine from 40 degrees up to about 80 with comfort. All I do is wear a sweatshirt when it gets below 50 or so and it's plenty warm.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:49 PM
kpshooter
Cruiser

I wear LawPro raingear (jacket and pants) from Quartermaster for both work and play. The nice thing is they are reversible from black to fluorescent yellow w/ Scotchlite strips. The set cost me $100. I also have friends that wear FroggToggs for riding & fishing.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Mikebiker
Cruiser

I wear frogg toggs love 'em I got mine for $40 dollars (on sale) at Bass Pro shop. Ugly color but hey, who cares when you're trying to stay dry!

Quick Reply: rain gear