Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was I treated right?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 12:05 PM
stevegpt
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was I treated right?

I traded a 2005 Dyna Custom on 1 Jul 2006 for a Street Glide. I think the deal was ok. However, I was pissed to find out that the 2007s were announced two weeks later [:@]. The dealer made no mention of this to me, I assued 2007s would come out in the Sep/Oct timeframe.

So, after having my bike for two weeks I went back to him and asked about this. He said he would put me on a 2007 for my bike plus $4,800.

While I love my 2006 I feel the dealer should have said "You may want to hold off for two weeks and look at the 2007s".

Any thoughts?

Old 08-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Glider89
Novice
Default RE: Was I treated right?

you think maybe the dealerships are afriad theyre going to get stuck with some 06 leftovers so when they get someone whos willing to come in and look at 06's, they jump on them and do whatever they can to get them on a bike? Just my thought,

alex

Old 08-05-2006, 12:20 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

You must be new to HD's - new bikes always come out the last of July... The Dealer is No different than a car salesman, buyer beware - and they are no more honest than a car salesman... If the 07 is something you have to have, then do what it takes to get it, if not, then ride the 06 and enjoy it... Life is too short to....

Old 08-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Bertman2
Stage I

I'd have to say that if you didn't ask when the 07's were going to be on the floor, that the dealer had no idea that you were interested in anthing other than the bike he had on the show room floor. I'll also say that you should have been able to get good deal that late in the model year.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:42 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Whats wrong with your new bike?
There are buyer's of '07's that are already complaining of noisy transmissions.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Pathfinder
Cruiser

Don't beat yourself up quite yet for buying an 06'. Ride it for a while and let somebody else help HD get the bugs out of the 07's.

We've got a guy locally who traded an 06' Street Glide in on an 07' Street Glide on day 1 just to have the bigger motor. He's been gettin' smoked by about everybody in town. Boy is he pissed! He ordered the 110" kit for the 07' but it won't be in till Oct./Nov. Of course the guy's a RUB and we all know it.

As far as the BS trade-in they offered you, you're not alone. The Stealers are counting on the feeding frenzy to line their pockets right now.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:47 PM
stevegpt
Novice

Thanks all. Again, I don't have a problem with the '06, it's a great bike. I just feel my dealer should have made me aware that the '07s were right around the corner; I could be wrong. Anyway, when I do trade (whenever), he won't have my business.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:00 PM
rollover
Road Captain

That's the best payback: no repeat business. I also won't be going back to the dealer I bought my bike from either. I drive past the dealer daily and now he has the sign up stating rebates on all 2006 bikes. Do I regret buying mine when I did? Absolutely not. Some people buying the left over 06's are buying whatever they can get where as I got the color I wanted. Would I trade mine in just to be able to say I have an 07? Again, absolutely not. For the amount of money people are loosing on their trade ins you can build one hell of a motor that will smoke the 07's. As for the 6 speed, not a must have for me. I drive 130 miles round trip to work each night that is about 99% highway. At 70 mph, my bike chugs along at about 2800rpm's. I like cruising in that range as I still have some oomph left if I need it to pull around someone as opposed to having to down shift to get things started. These are just my opinions and others may feel differently.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: stevegpt

. However, I was pissed to find out that the 2007s were announced two weeks later [:@]. The dealer made no mention of this to me, I assued 2007s would come out in the Sep/Oct timeframe.
The dealers are under pressure from the MoCo to move all their '06 inventory before selling the '07's. Nothing wrong with that, but it would have been nice had he let you know that the new models were right around the corner. Don't worry about it. Enjoy your '06. It's a great bike.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:21 PM
mndemohead
Tourer

you cant blame the salseman for that, anyone selling anything would do the same thing, no doubt they dont want to be sitting on a bunch of last years inventory. Now if you would have asked him about the 07's and he flat out lied to you about them, that would be a different story, but just selling you what you wanted? I dont see anything wrong with that.

Quick Reply: Was I treated right?