Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was I treated right?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Branded
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Was I treated right?

Yep! It pays to do your homework. I have also been hearing about bearing failures in the 07 6 spd. trannies also.

Old 08-05-2006, 04:07 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I bought an '04 Deuce at the end of the year, got my V&H & Stage 1 thrown in for sticker cause it was a leftover. My brother got his '05 Dyna around the same time the following year. Walked out for under $15k. Both times, the low price, and on exactly the bike we wanted made buying late in the model year worthwhile. The key here is we reallized WHEN we were buying in the H-D model year and used it to our advantage ($). My feeling is every $ you save is an extra $ for chrome & beer.

I think the dealer not telling you that the '07 are about to come out is fine. If you go in looking for an '06 on the floor, and they've got one, they are a business, not there to be your buddies. If you paid "regular" price for the '06 well, then that's your fault for not at least having some idea of where you are in the H-D model year.

Now, $5 LARGE to go from '06 to '07? Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND? Better off investing in pipes and a '95 inch or larger kit if you absolutely need the extra grunt. I'd never want the first year of so much new stuff from the motor company. Just a short list of the original problems include the original H-D fuel injections and the Dyna recalls last year. The 88's have been made much better over the years. Expect the same from the 96". Don't throw back a perfectly good H-D because you gotta have the biggest hunk of Iron between your legs. Replace the pipes, if you haven't already and the air clearner. Then get on, crack the throttle and go for a ride.

You'll remember that there's nothin' better to do, whether it's an 88 or a 96, with your clothes on. '06, '07 - it don't matter. As long as it's waitin' in the garage every Sunday morning..

Old 08-05-2006, 04:43 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just feel my dealer should have made me aware that the '07s were right around the corner; I could be wrong.

I think you could be wrong as well.

Think about what you are saying, why in the world would a sales person try to talk you into buying something they don't even have yet? Picture yourself at a car dealer, do you think they are going to say "why don't you wait a while, then you could buy next years model", in the mean time the sales person goes hungry for not selling whats currently in stock. You being un-informed isn't the dealers fault. There is always going to be a better deal tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. It would be your choice not to do business with them, but the same thing will happen at the next dealer your at if you expect them to educate you on the buying process.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:43 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mac57

ORIGINAL: stevegpt

. However, I was pissed to find out that the 2007s were announced two weeks later [:@]. The dealer made no mention of this to me, I assued 2007s would come out in the Sep/Oct timeframe.
The dealers are under pressure from the MoCo to move all their '06 inventory before selling the '07's. Nothing wrong with that, but it would have been nice had he let you know that the new models were right around the corner. Don't worry about it. Enjoy your '06. It's a great bike.
the moco doesn't care if the dealers have 06's left over, that's the dealers problem. the moco gets paid for the bikes when they are delivered. all the dealers are independent businesses. once they get the bikes they are on their own.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:53 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Treating customers well so they will always want to come back is very important to a good dealer but you must keep in mind the bottom line is to sell those motorcycles. Especially, the previous models to make room for the new ones.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:53 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea I dont understand why youre upset, unless its at yourself for not asking about the 07's, Im sure anyone buying anything realizes the next model year is coming soon and I am always curious about changes, but it also depends on when you bought, Harley Dealers have no real clue what changes Harley has made till the annual dealers meeting in late june or early july when they unvell the new models for them to see. I know the official newsletter to dealers on the new models wasn't sent out till mid july because my son is a parts manager at my harley dealer. My dealer was quick to put his first 07's out on the floor and discount his 06's, buyers had their choice take a 07, or save some cash on a 06, not all dealers are bad or underhanded.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:12 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

I don't see where the dealer was in the wrong really. Personally I hope to find a leftover 06 SG but they are moving fast around here. I was even considering getting a carb'd Electra Glide std but now they are gone. Looks like a 07 may be on my agenda.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:03 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

I picked up my 06 RG with a great deal from the sales manager. He through in a tour pac with all the hardware, quick disconnect and installation. They gotta make room for the 07s and will probably make ya a great deal to do it.

Heck, your scooter is new. Enjoy it. Two years from now, both the 06 and 07 will be "not new".

Old 08-05-2006, 11:32 PM
choppertime
Advanced

I don't understand why people think the dealership really cares about them or their pocket.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:41 PM
RockyRoad
Intermediate

You must be a Democrat.

Quick Reply: Was I treated right?