Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Bearcat1
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks iclick. Great info. Ya'll making it hard on me.

Originally Posted by iclick
Performance: They guarantee them to be the best-performing slip-on available and based on charts I've seen I believe it. The asymmetrical design with different baffling in each muffler makes a noticeable difference, a design that was created from much dyno testing.

Looks: Subjective, but IMO they have a high-quality look, especially with the optional tips.

Sound: Nice, deep, throaty without being too loud. Different baffle options are available to reduce or increase the DB level to your taste. There's a hint of a 2-into-1 tone to them since the left side is more restricted, forcing most exhaust to the right. Most people like the sound.

BTW, the old-style Jackpots had two types available, classic and dyno-tuned. The classics had standard symmetrical baffles while the dyno-tuned variety are as described above. The new-style Jackpots come only in the Dyno-Tuned configuration, I think, and although the left baffle is not changeable the right can be configured for four levels of sound volume. The standard baffle comes with the mufflers with quiet (two levels) and competition baffles available optionally.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
coliseum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keltonkrew
Love mine. good idle sound, not offensive, great cruising sound but it barks when u get on it! chrome is good quality, fit is great and service was exceptional.
+1 on that

Old 03-31-2010, 01:07 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Same as the others. Sound great, not overally loud while cruising, nice deep rubmle but bark a little when you twist the throttle. Good fit and finish, great performance.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Great mufflers, great sound, great look and quality, great price = very happy. I have the comp baffles so a little louder than others, but I like a lot. Add to this the PCV and the headpipe and you have an awesome setup.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:19 PM
kuma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spur56
Great mufflers, great sound, great look and quality, great price = very happy. I have the comp baffles so a little louder than others, but I like a lot. Add to this the PCV and the headpipe and you have an awesome setup.
How loud are the comp baffles I talked to them the other day they compared them to Rienhardts is that about right are they louder I want something with a good bite sitting ,moving and twisting on it.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
gravnov
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I´ve got the Dyno Tuned mufflers with quiet baffle on the right side.
Unfortunately there is no nut welded to the baffle, so I had to look for one in my grab box. The result are two different nuts fixing the baffles. This is not a "clean" look.

gravnov

Old 03-31-2010, 02:52 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

One year and 17,000 miles on power package with the dyno tuned jackpots. They have held up well, still look new. I still like the sound very much. Most get louder over time. I haven't noticed that. The bike really seems to run better over time.

Quick correction: When I said most get louder over time I did not mean Jackpot I meant the other exaust systems I have owned.

Last edited by rg_dave; 03-31-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say the comp baffles are a little louder than RH, but not much. Nice deep sound, I am very satisfied. Sound is a personal thing, but I am happy.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:25 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SG_Dave
One year and 17,000 miles on power package with the dyno tuned jackpots. They have held up well, still look new. I still like the sound very much. Most get louder over time. I haven't noticed that. The bike really seems to run better over time.
They use baffling material that doesn't deteriorate in the normal way. When I first bought my '07 SG I installed Rush mufflers from Fuel Moto, and those baffles got louder each month I owned them. A year after that I installed the FM custom baffles, which were later integrated into the Jackpot mufflers, and they were wrapped with Silent Sport baffling material. Jamie told me they had not seen them change in tone in their testing and I rode with these baffles another year with no discernible change in tone.

Later on I bought the old-style Jackpot mufflers and now have the new style. The new-style come with a steel packing material standard, but the quiet baffles I bought later have the Silent Sport. I assume the SS type muffles a bit better.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine on for about 2 weeks now. They're great.

Last edited by Harley_RN; 01-07-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Jackpot Mufflers