Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust for 06 Street glide (new question)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 02:28 PM
wishbonecg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: exhaust for 06 Street glide

I am in the same boat as you. I don't know which pipes to get. No doubt, the T-rex do look awesome. I'm a bit hesitant to buy them though because everyone who has them and loves them does say they are very loud. I'm going to have to hear the exhaust system (no matter which one I buy) before I through out the clams to buy anything. I do want a new system though because this '06 SG of mine sounds like a Vespa! This particular topic has been beat to death though. Do a search and you will find much info, cheers. Jon

Old 08-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Rodman813
Road Captain

THE HARLEY STOCK PIPES ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!! HA......... Just kidding......Do what I did, hang out a the dealer for a couple hrs, listen for the sounds, and talk to the guys. Everyone is usually happy to discuss.......

I ended up with V&H Classic Slipons!!!!!

Old 08-05-2006, 07:44 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kufar

I have been reading the other forums about the Hard Krome and Rhineharts. Is the Hard krome cust service realy that bad that I should go with the Rhineharts?

Thier customer service kind of sucks from my experiance and I know they have had some quality issues from time to time but HK does make some nice pipes.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:41 AM
jonah
Cruiser

thunderheader(the ultimate 2 into 1) now have a true dual set-up!

Old 08-06-2006, 09:23 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Dogs of war

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

Is there really anything better for looks and sound then a set of DG Hard Krome 3" T-Rex True Duals??? No clamps, solid construction front to rear. Not to mention pipes with stage one A/C gave me a 26% increase in HP and TQ.

Bob
Did you do any remapping to get your 26%?
Any gain or loss in mileage?
I have a PCIII and the bike was Dynoed by a good dyno tech. 81 TQ and 80 HP. Fuel mileage is 41 to 46, depending on how I ride, and where I am riding.

As far as customer service, I have never had to call them. I have had their pipes on my old metric, and my Street Glide, no issues.

Bob

Old 08-06-2006, 09:36 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeap. Ive never had to call customer service yet either. Thats a good sign. You cant go wrong with either Reinharts or T-rex. Its a matter of looks really. What YOU like best!!

Old 08-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Kufar
6th Gear

OK. I'm thinking the T-rex's.....Any of you with the T-rex's have any blueing issues? I know some of you stated no....any one with a yes or any other issues with them? What about rejetting the carb after install? or did you just slap them on and go? And are they as loud as some say?

Old 08-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Alamo
Advanced

I own an 06 SG and bought the Rhinehart True Duals. I spent a ton on them and liked them. Then, I started riding with my buddies and felt like I was riding an old man bike that sounded like a Vespa. I took the motor in, had a 95" upgrade (100hp/100tq) and wanted a pipe that would open up the breathing and sound like it means business. I did a ton of research this time and bought the D&D Fat Cat 2:1.

The D&D Fat Cat fit, finsih and sound is unmistakeable. Plus, not everyone has it which makes it even better.

Old 08-06-2006, 08:24 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Kufar

OK. I'm thinking the T-rex's.....Any of you with the T-rex's have any blueing issues? I know some of you stated no....any one with a yes or any other issues with them? What about rejetting the carb after install? or did you just slap them on and go? And are they as loud as some say?
Maybe I am just use to them, but I do not think that they are as loud as people say. For sure they are not the nasty loud pipes that no one wants to be around. I get a fair amount of compliments on how my bike sounds, and I like it. As for re-jetting, if you are on a carb bike, I am sure you will need to re-jet. The pipes will allow more power, so it will need more fuel. As I have said, in another post, 26% increase in power. No blueing issues what so ever with them.

Bob

Old 08-07-2006, 02:12 AM
E DOGG
Road Master

What else do I have to do, in order to put new pipes on my bike. Someone told me in California I can only go soo loud. Would it mess up my warranty? I guess I have to ask the Dealership .

What's your input?

Thanx

Quick Reply: exhaust for 06 Street glide (new question)