Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

right blinker indicator on start up

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 09:58 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,227 Likes on 1,842 Posts
Default right blinker indicator on start up

A few weeks ago after I washed the bike I lost the left turn signals, then they started to work again so I thought it was just wet. Today everytime I turn the ignition on the right turn signal indicator flashes about five times then goes out. I also had a hard time today getting the left signals to work as they would work sometimes and sometimes not. What does the flashing indicator on ignition mean? Thanks. I checked the diagnostic codes under the letter "S" for turn signal/turn signal security module and I have a code of b1121 which I do not see on the list of codes posted here on the forum. Anyone know what that code means?

Old 08-04-2006, 11:17 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: right blinker indicator on start up

Well, I found b1121 on the V-twin forum. For anyone's future reference that code is missing on the code sheet posted on this forum. It means "historic left turn output fault 3.14 TURN SIGNAL ERRORS. The gentleman that posted on that forum had to change one of the turn signal bulbs so I am guessing that is what my problem is. However, I just put new bulbs in when I swapped out to smoked lenses so we'll have to take a closer look at things I guess.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:29 PM
SxysCowboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same thing happened to me but only it affected the left side i took an air blower and blew lightly in behind the buttons on the bars and it quit.... must have been some water got under it

Old 08-05-2006, 04:07 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

I took out the bulbs last night, checked them, cleaned the contacts and put them back in. I then cleared the fault code and all is well so far.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:41 PM
UltraScoot
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you’re running the rear signal to brake light conversion module it could have taken a dump on you, at least that was my problem.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:03 AM
bshapiro
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 07 Softail and wassearch around here for a possible cause. I have found what failed but not the cause. The right turn signal indicator in the assembly on the Softail dash was bad. The display would be off when the ignition is turned on and would flash with what seemed to be motor revs and then the right front blinker only would go on a stay on solid along with the indicator! I removed the rear break conversion module without any change in symptoms. I replaced the led assembly with one I had which had a failed neutral light. So the question is why are these LED assemblies failing?