Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kick Stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:47 PM
rabidd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kick Stand

Had the Ultra in for a front tire change yesterday and had a 10 am appointment. The appointment was made earlier in the week. Well at about 1130 I walked out back to see what the heck was going on and the person that was going to do the tire change was walking up to my bike. I had the kick stand fixed right before winter after my last 20000 mile service. Replaced the spring and stand was bent looking. Well this guy walks up to my bike puts his hands in the center of the bat wing and pushes the bike backwards for 10 feet with all the weight of the bike on the kickstand making a turn to the right, this was on asphalt. I could not believe what he was doing. I went in and had a talk with the service manager and he said yeah we do it all the time it is common but they are suppose to take the weight off the bike well this guy did no such thing. I told him I would not do it to my bike and didnt like them doing it as well. I really thought they would treat bikes better than that. He said he would talk to the guy but I was still pissed. What do you guys think is it just fine to do this our should people who use this dealership expect to replace springs all the time.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have lost it on that guy. Never heard of that before. I would not be having work done there.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:14 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

If that's how lazy they are just moving the bikes around, what other lazy BS do you think they're going to pull while working on your scoot. I would have come unglued on that guy. I'd never go back to that dealer that's for sure. In fact, it is for that reason that I will not have my bike worked on by anyone other than me....unless it's warranty work.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:45 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 327 Likes on 189 Posts

I've seen that done. I wouldn't do it to my bike. I don't trust the jiffy stand or fairing brackets that much.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

All the people at the dealership I bought my bike from treat everyones bike like you would expect them to. It is really a first class dealership. If I was you I would find some other place to have my bike worked on.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Gofer
Cruiser

There are great dealerships and crappy dealerships. I find that kind of treatment lazy and half-a$$ed. Find a new dealer or better yet....find a good local shop that does better work with better customer service for likely a better price.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
flight
Tourer

Thats messed up!!! How does that wear out the spring though?? I push mine a foot or two on the stand but my garage floor is smooth and painted.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No dought in my mind, I would have come un-glued!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen it done at several dealerships.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:51 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

I have only seen this done on the showroom floor (which is smooth and epoxy coated) never outside on a rough surface. I would have been pissed also.

Quick Reply: Kick Stand