Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kick Stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i was tought to move a bike like that at the dealership i worked at, i only did it inside on the smooth concrete, the thought is there is less chance of dropping it while backing it up.. except for scratching the bottom of the kickstand it really doesnt hurt the stand..it locks in place when the weight of the bike is on it.. the store manager was a cheap ignerant a$$ ho** and hired a lot of young dumb cheap help that dropped about 1-2 bikes a week, so they were trying to make up for it.. it is a sighn to look for other places to have work done.. around the time i left, in 6 months they lost 10 people from the service dept, the place is a ghost town now,the customers saw what was going on

Old 03-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never heard of that and would not appreciate that being done to my ride. We have three dealerships in las vegas/henderson so I wouldn't go to a shop that did that unless they were the only shop in town. I ride past my local dealer to buy parts because of poor expierences at the parts department. I'm not spending my cash anywhere I'm treated poorly, goes double for my ride.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Imagine if you hadn't walked back there, you'd never have known. Now imagine all the other stuff they do that you don't see!!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:03 AM
cosshog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is actually a very common way to move the bikes around at most dealerships it does not harm the bike in anyway if done properly and with care. I was very hesitant the first time I did it when working at a dealership,but to move bikes around the warehouse it is the best way to fit them into tight spots. The only thing here is you said it was on blacktop and that would be unacceptable seeing as how it is not a smooth surface and could catch or dig into pavement and then cause damage.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I've seen my dealership do it all the time. I was shocked the first time I saw it.
I didn't know there was a reason for it (not dropping bikes).
I just thought they were to lazy to sit on the bike and do it right. I still think that by the way.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 PM
rabidd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kick Stand

Thanks for all the response I was very pissed tried to keep it together. I have told all my buds what happened and 2 of those have eagles and they wont go back. The spring broke some how and i think it was by doing the same thing in the past. Thanks

Old 03-30-2010, 08:50 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well I tell you, I think I would of gone back there and had a talk with the service tech myself, and would of ended up talking to the service manager when he asked me why I was in the service area yelling at his tech. After I shared my feelings with the service manager I would of moved to the manager of the dealership, and then went to the owner... Normal? I dont know, but it is not in any way acceptable. I think it is the lazy way to move a bike, sit on the thing and move it! What dealership was it, so we can avoid it!

Old 03-30-2010, 09:02 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wouldn't have been something I would have wanted to see being done to my bike either...

Old 03-30-2010, 11:08 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That is by far the safest way to move a bike backwards. I've been doing it for 40 years and never had a problem. Man you guys are some mean *** bikers the way you would chew someones *** at the dealership for them doing something that has been common practice at dealerships I have worked at or visited nation wide for as long as I can remember.
JMHO.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

It's not a big deal. Really. Don't get yourself all worked up over it, it's common practice. I'm surprised so many guys seem surprised by that.

Quick Reply: Kick Stand