Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:04 AM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rain Gear

I did a search on this subject...most replys were 'dont forget it'.

Im wanting a light set of rain gear....seems I remember some mentioning awhile back "Frog Toggs". Any comments? Recommendations? Where did you order them from?

Thanks...
Billy G

Old 03-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Gwatt
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of Frog Toggs. In my opinion it is a great rain suit. I wore them all last summer through the summer rains in Florida. If you are in a total downpour, I don't think any rain suit is going to keep you perfectly dry. But Frog Toggs have been the best rain suit I have used so far.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:16 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 391 Likes on 231 Posts
Default HD ones

I have the HD goretex ones and they roll up into two packages, each the size of a small roller pin and fit side X side in my saddlebag. Like my AMEX, never leave home without it.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:24 AM
The Old Man
Road Master

I have a set of FIRSTGEAR that I found on discount for about $60.00. I hvae been in a down pour and was very dry

Old 03-29-2010, 06:41 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

The great thing about Frogtogs is that they can really mash down into a small form factor for storage. The not so great thing is they billow up as you ride. (Granted, I bought mine a size big to facilitate my riding jacket - that might contribute to the inflation!).

I think Frogtogs have their place. They are the gear that I ALWAYS keep on the bike for getting caught in the rain relatively close to home. However, I've got an old Fieldsheer suit that is much more applicable for touring - and I'm interested in some of the responses here as well. The old suit has been repaired a number of times and needs replacing.

Bottom line - Frogtogs are not the best for serious all day downpours, but are fine when you are at your buddy's house a half hour away and get caught up in it.

YMMV

Old 03-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandcrab
I have the HD goretex ones and they roll up into two packages, each the size of a small roller pin and fit side X side in my saddlebag. Like my AMEX, never leave home without it.
+1, I have a HD rainsuit and they roll up like Sandcarb says and fit next to each other in the saddlebag AND they keep you totally dry, rode with them in a downpour all day last year on the way to Kentucky and was dry as a bone.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:11 AM
flight
Tourer

Just a tip for the guys without a tourpak. I have a SG and always keep my raingear in the saddle bags. The tip is I use those space saver bags that you vacuum pack and they take up no space at all. I usually pack them seperate and always dry very well before packing.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:21 AM
questor
Road Master

Whatever you decide on, ensure the pants are 4" taller then your normal leg size. The longer pants when sitting will certainly keep the rain from ending up on your boots.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

Originally Posted by questor
Whatever you decide on, ensure the pants are 4" taller then your normal leg size. The longer pants when sitting will certainly keep the rain from ending up on your boots.
My next rainsuit will absolutely have stirrups to help that syndrome!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:00 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

H-D High-Viz with boot gaiters. The stuff will keep you bone dry no matter how hard it's coming down.

Quick Reply: Rain Gear