Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setting-up the PCV-AT for mileage and cooling

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:29 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sageone
Can the PCV without Auto-Tune be set up to run dual maps?
Yes. Just enable the "map switch" option in the menu and you can then load two maps into the PCV. You'll need to then figure out which map is loaded at which switch position, which takes a bit of research. I haven't done this for a while with the basic PCV, but if you need help I'm sure between me and others we can get you running. BTW, the map switch feature is a big selling-point for the PCV, IMO, and I don't think enough people implement it.

Are the O2 sensors used when running dual maps?
No, the stock O2 sensors won't be used and you'll have the O2 sensor eliminators included in the PCV kit installed.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:09 AM
sageone
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, thanks for the feedback iclick. I guess I'll just need a "highway" map now. I'll hit up FM when I am ready to do this.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Nice write up Iclick ....

Old 03-30-2011, 03:32 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by RK09RK
Nice write up Iclick ....
Thanks. Hope it helps someone.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:47 AM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im thinking about getting the AT for my 08 just for the fact of maybe adjusting the base map where it may be lacking in areas when i ride, or to lean it out where its too beefy. i just want to set it and ride and not mess with it. meaning using it however jamie sends it to me. do u think its worth the 300 bucks to do this. i just have a simple stage one with some slip on mufflers and stock header pipes at the moment

Last edited by kmontague; 04-10-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:27 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by kmontague
im thinking about getting the AT for my 08 just for the fact of maybe adjusting the base map where it may be lacking in areas when i ride, or to lean it out where its too beefy. i just want to set it and ride and not mess with it. meaning using it however jamie sends it to me. do u think its worth the 300 bucks to do this. i just have a simple stage one with some slip on mufflers and stock header pipes at the moment
If you are running a Fuel Moto map now I would have to say that adding AT wouldn't be a cost-effective investment. OTOH if you plan on making other changes in the future, like an upgrade that FM has no exact matches for, it would be worth the cost. It would also be appropriate for someone like me who just likes to tweak, but I doubt if adding AT will provide you with a meaningful improvement in the bike's behavior if you already have a good map installed.

If you want better mileage with the FM map simply subtract 7% from the Fuel Adj. values of both cylinders between 5-20% TP and 2k-3k RPM. Make a copy of the original FM map and save it to a unique filename on your computer before making any changes, then notate and save subsequent changes as well.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:04 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 418 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Yes. Just enable the "map switch" option in the menu and you can then load two maps into the PCV. You'll need to then figure out which map is loaded at which switch position, which takes a bit of research. I haven't done this for a while with the basic PCV, but if you need help I'm sure between me and others we can get you running. BTW, the map switch feature is a big selling-point for the PCV, IMO, and I don't think enough people implement it.
I just finished my Radio Shack Relay install using iclick's drawing & instructions in this thread. I used the available ACC switch on the Ultra Classic. This is for the PC-V on a 2010 Ultra Classic.

Using the NC contacts & Auto Tune Switching enabled:
  • ACC switch 'OFF' (LED is off). The relay will be closed & Auto Tune will be ON. The Basemap will be OFF.
  • ACC switch 'ON' (LED is lit). The relay will be open & Auto Tune will be OFF. The Basemap will be ON
Using the NC contacts & Map Switching enabled:
  • ACC switch 'OFF' (LED is off). The relay will be closed & Map #2 will be active.
  • ACC switch 'ON' (LED is lit). The relay will be open & Map #1 will be active.
Hope this helps.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:33 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

White Ice, thanks for the switch info. I've saved it for future reference.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 PM
gasman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCal RK Rider
I did replace the stock headers with V&H dresser duals what are your thoughts on the V&H fuelpak? I see on their website that they list settings for my setup,,, PC site does not. I am thinking of selling the PC V and going with the fuelpak... your thoughts???
I jsut got rid of the fuel pak, constantly having to make map changes and solve one problem creates another. Also talk to two different people and get 2 different answers. no consistency. PCV just installed with their custom map for my set u p and a little fuel richining and bike runs 100% better and throttle response 200% better.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:47 AM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 7% = ?

Originally Posted by iclick
If you are running a Fuel Moto map now I would have to say that adding AT wouldn't be a cost-effective investment. OTOH if you plan on making other changes in the future, like an upgrade that FM has no exact matches for, it would be worth the cost. It would also be appropriate for someone like me who just likes to tweak, but I doubt if adding AT will provide you with a meaningful improvement in the bike's behavior if you already have a good map installed.

If you want better mileage with the FM map simply subtract 7% from the Fuel Adj. values of both cylinders between 5-20% TP and 2k-3k RPM. Make a copy of the original FM map and save it to a unique filename on your computer before making any changes, then notate and save subsequent changes as well.
When you say 7%...you mean subtracting "7" from each cell in those ranges you stated, correct?

I don't have the AT, but am running a FM map for my set up. My milage stinks.

Quick Reply: Setting-up the PCV-AT for mileage and cooling