Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Road Glide CB/intercom question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:42 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts
Default A Road Glide CB/intercom question.

2007 RG. Put CB, interconnect harness, intercom dash on it a couple years back and it works fine with the hand held mic. Been trying to get a transmit only headset(boom mic) to work with the PTT switch. Nothing. Thought it might work to do the intercom flash on the radio like it says it needs in the HD accessory book. Carried it by dealer friday and when they hooked it up it said it could not be flashed because it had no rear speakers(no tour pack). Anyone have any suggestions? I am assuming if i hooked up the regular headset to the pod it would not work either to listen to music.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

1. You don't need rear speakers for the intercom (with the flash done) to work. I have the Boom Audio Music Intercom Kit with CB, p/n 77108-09, on my bike and the intercom works without rear speakers. Check-out the kit on HD's website and you'll see it's for CB/Intercom without rear speakers. Your dealer is wrong if he is saying you need four speakers for the CB/Intercom to work with headset/mic.

2. Beyond the above, I don't know what you are trying to do. I use J&M headset/mic plugged into the rider headset connector and it works fine--CB transmits using the PTT switch.

Carl

Old 03-28-2010, 07:03 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Aha. Thanks. That's what i was trying to find out. It should work then after it's flashed. When they hooked up the laptop it said it couldn't be flashed because there were no rear speakers. There must be a workaround for this or something they didn't know. I am going to take the fairing off and doublecheck the wiring connectors on the interconnect harness to make sure i put them in the right locations. If they are, i'll carry it by a service department that knows what they are doing and get it flashed.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Like I said, I'm not sure what you are trying to do. If you are trying to use the VOX feature of the intercom to broadcast CB, it won't.

If you have an HD or equivalent headset/mic, then an intercom flash won't do anything for you, and your inability to broadcast using the PTT and mic isn't related to the intercom feature.