Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've learned a lot from this forum, but ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 AM
RoadHog659
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default I've learned a lot from this forum, but ...

I've learned a lot from this forum, but apparently I've not learned my lesson yet. From reading various posts, I thought it would be a good idea to carry an extra headlight bulb with me on long trips, just in case my 2001 Electra Glide Standard blew a bulb mid-ride. My wife and I stopped in to the dealership to pick up a bulb and "do a little shopping". Well, long story short, I got my new headlight bulb alright. It came with a Pearl Gray protective case, an extra gallon of premium gas and a sixth gear! That's right, a 2009 Ultra Classic with low miles -- and it fits us perfectly! Told my wife I plan to buy all my parts ON-LINE from now on .... going to the dealership is too expensive!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Ha...ain't it the truth...them sexy beasts will call your name, can't resist...darn it

Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 AM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadHog659
I've learned a lot from this forum, but apparently I've not learned my lesson yet. From reading various posts, I thought it would be a good idea to carry an extra headlight bulb with me on long trips, just in case my 2001 Electra Glide Standard blew a bulb mid-ride. My wife and I stopped in to the dealership to pick up a bulb and "do a little shopping". Well, long story short, I got my new headlight bulb alright. It came with a Pearl Gray protective case, an extra gallon of premium gas and a sixth gear! That's right, a 2009 Ultra Classic with low miles -- and it fits us perfectly! Told my wife I plan to buy all my parts ON-LINE from now on .... going to the dealership is too expensive!
Congratulations on your new ride!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

That beats my story. I went in to look at a bike that a dealership had on the floor with a 21' front rim last Spring.
I not only got the new set of rims, but they threw in a new '09 bike with it.....and I was just looking.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 AM
navyman
Road Master

Enjoy that new light bulb. LOL

Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 AM
rkingw
Cruiser

Sounds like life is good, congrats. You're gonna like the'09.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:42 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! Great story! But you gotta admit somewhere in the recesses of your mind you had already played this scenario out. Your subconscious knew it was coming...

Damn aren't subconscious plans GREAT???

Enjoy and Congrats!!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I also hope you bought a spare bulb for it, so you don't go back in there for a while. lol

Old 03-28-2010, 09:57 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I friend of mine gave me a Harley gift certificate even though I didn't own a Harley at the time. After using the certificate to buy two wine glasses and a shot glass. I know have a 09 Ultra Classic to match the glasses!! LOL

Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 AM
kytown2
Advanced

In June of '07 my wife and I went to the dealer looking for a hat she wanted and I left with my Ultra Classic...it's funny how those things happen...

Quick Reply: I've learned a lot from this forum, but ...