Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've learned a lot from this forum, but ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:24 AM
IzZy63
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

thats one expensive bulb you got there,but i'm pretty sure it's well worth it.be safe enjoy and next time order that bulb on-line.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Johnny Wolf
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah yes, venturing into the dangerous...VERY dangerous territory of the MOCO Lands.

It takes years of training, experience, and practice for a consumer to pull this off, but it can be done. Below are some practices that work for me.

When all else fails (E-bay, Mail order, Craigslist) and you must go to the parts counter at the dealer to purchase something. Take a deep breath and walk without stopping through the door. Do not greet the greeter, or the pretty young girl at the front desk. This is a trap! They will try via "small talk" to keep you stalled long enough for a MOCO sales person to get you in their sights.

Continue quickly past the bikes, clothing, foo foo racks, and the 75% off doo rag displays. Do not stop for the free coffee or danishes on your quest for the counter! This is another opportunity for the sales staff if their first attempt at the front door/desk fails.

While on your quest remember what ever you do, don't make any sort of eye contact with the sales staff! They are dangerous MOCO Special Ops Trained Professionals. If they say something pretend like you didn't hear them, all the while keeping your brisk pace towards the counter.

So you've reached the counter, good job this is usually a safe haven environment. Do your business, and prepare for the exit. This is usually easier than making entry. Just repeat the above mentioned, however keep in mind "the greeter". This will be their last feeble attempt to move in on you. Remember to just keep moving, do not talk to anyone...but be sure to wink at the cutie behind the front desk on the way out.

Outstanding! You've made it out with your wallet, bank account, credit cards, etc all unscathed. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Go home and reward yourself with a frosted barley pop...or 3 or 8!

...by the way CONGRATS on the new scooter!!!

Last edited by Johnny Wolf; 03-28-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:11 PM
09sungloflhx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know i almost left with a sweet roadking along with the boots i bought yesterday stay away from the dealer everything looks so nice in the showroom

Old 03-28-2010, 02:58 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Ok,, I can't believe I am the first to do this,,,,,,,,,

LOL. Congrats on the new bulb!

Old 03-28-2010, 03:08 PM
FLYING
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once the Bike Bug Bites You it does get EXPENSIVE!

Old 03-28-2010, 03:12 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

E BAY a lot cheaper , by the way my story is like this , wife wanted to go to a scrap book expo thing or something and while sitting there a whole min or so I decided to go right up the street and kill some time at the kocal Harley dealer[ already had 2 bikes at home but no Harleys] any way I spent more than she did and we now have a 96 ultra for her to do scrap bookihg on

Last edited by 1st 96 ultra; 03-28-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Trek
Tourer

I went in for new brake pads for my 08. I guess the price has gone up some...'course it came with wheels and everythin'

Enjoy the new bike!

Old 03-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Crusing
Road Captain
Smile

Originally Posted by RoadHog659
I've learned a lot from this forum, but apparently I've not learned my lesson yet. From reading various posts, I thought it would be a good idea to carry an extra headlight bulb with me on long trips, just in case my 2001 Electra Glide Standard blew a bulb mid-ride. My wife and I stopped in to the dealership to pick up a bulb and "do a little shopping". Well, long story short, I got my new headlight bulb alright. It came with a Pearl Gray protective case, an extra gallon of premium gas and a sixth gear! That's right, a 2009 Ultra Classic with low miles -- and it fits us perfectly! Told my wife I plan to buy all my parts ON-LINE from now on .... going to the dealership is too expensive!
It sounds like you like you had a good time

Old 03-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Palau
Advanced

Many congrats on the new bike.
Ride safe ...

Old 03-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to get a oil filter one time and almost came out with a 09 SE Ultra. I was in a haze. Just about ready to sign the papers when he told me to go get my bike for the trade. Then it hit me. I CANT AFFORD THIS!!! Had to leave with my shiney new Chrome oil filter and no SE Ultra. Everytime I go in there, I have to wear blinders to get through the showroom to the parts counter. Maybe one day is what I keep tellin myself. But Im happy for you. Enjoy the ride!!

Quick Reply: I've learned a lot from this forum, but ...