Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simichrome???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Conehead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
I have been looking...and until yesterday couldn't find....The Black Box from Turtle Wax.

I found it yesterday at Advance Auto Parts. $19.99 for a box that includes A bottle of Pre-Wax Cleaner (tinted black), a bottle of Wax (tinted black), and 2 bottles of Spray Detailer (tinted black).

I ran right home and washed the bike and used the new product. OMG....

My vivid black looks like it just got off the showroom floor. Swirls and minor surface scratches are gone. Best thing I have ever used on this paint. Now I only wish I could find something that repelled dust.......so I don't have to clean so often.

Also....I was worried about being messy withe the tinted back stuff because I didn't want it to stain any chrome or anything but the vivid black paint. Don't worry about it. It comes off the chrome just like any other wax and leaves no residue behind. Awesome product!!!
Thanks 09, I try and find it around here!

Old 03-28-2010, 02:22 PM
The Old Man
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have acually polished thru chrome about 40 years ago. Of couse it was .79 a tube in those days. Great on aluminum and chrome but VERY abrasive.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:47 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i've been using happich semichrome for about the last 20 years, as i build a lot of one off parts for my hot rods. it's the best there is for polishing aluminum, followed by a good paste wax. do not use it on your paint. for a windshield that is not hard coated, it'll also take out scratches if you're careful and spread the polishing effort out a bit. for minor paint blemishes i just use harleys scratch and swirl remover. it's cheap and works well.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:30 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been looking...and until yesterday couldn't find....The Black Box from Turtle Wax.

I found it yesterday at Advance Auto Parts. $19.99 for a box that includes A bottle of Pre-Wax Cleaner (tinted black), a bottle of Wax (tinted black), and 2 bottles of Spray Detailer (tinted black).

My vivid black looks like it just got off the showroom floor. Swirls and minor surface scratches are gone. Best thing I have ever used on this paint. Now I only wish I could find something that repelled dust.......so I don't have to clean so often.

Also....I was worried about being messy withe the tinted back stuff because I didn't want it to stain any chrome or anything but the vivid black paint. Don't worry about it. It comes off the chrome just like any other wax and leaves no residue behind. Awesome product!!!
I need to try that on the wife's black impala.. meguires clay detail kit works well also although its a lot of work .... I did my truck and the wife's car and couldnt believe the difference .

Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I concur!!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Only consider Simichrome on your paint if sandpaper and a wire brush don't do the job first.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:02 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't use Simichrome on paint. I found a new product this spring, it's made by Meguirs and it called SwirlX, it works like magic to get rid of those little scratches in the clear coat, rub it on rub it off and they are greatly reduced or gone then wax.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried the harley swirl remover with poor results as well.