Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Runs strong, Way too much heat...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Harleybass
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to agree, the problem is in the tech, He don't know WTF he's doing. Time to take your business elsewhere.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:09 AM
kstang71
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
You won't be dissapointed. Great guy and your tune will be done right. I spent eight days with him and he's forgotten more than I'll ever know.
How long should I expect to leave the bike with him? Do you know what he charges or does it vary based on the time involved with the dyno? You stated that you spent 8 days with him...was that just you learning or was it the time involved with tuning you bike or both. I looked at the website, it looks like he is also a training location.. Maybe I should give his number to the dyno tech that has been working on my bike..

Old 03-28-2010, 10:09 AM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 255 Likes on 155 Posts

If they can't get it right in 14hrs they're never going to get it right, they're just throwing Sh*t into the air & hoping it falls in the right place, take it some place else before you melt the motor down!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:17 AM
kstang71
Advanced

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
If they can't get it right in 14hrs they're never going to get it right, they're just throwing Sh*t into the air & hoping it falls in the right place, take it some place else before you melt the motor down!
WOW.... melt down... nope, we don't want that..!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:25 AM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check Doc out at HDMD Tuning center.He's one of the best.He's near the Orlando area!!!

Last edited by arealinvestor; 03-28-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:29 AM
bobclift
Advanced

A previous poster said he spent 8 days with Doc. That's because Doc teaches tuning (i.e.: the 8 days). Doc quoted me an approximate cost of $425 to dial in my build using my already installed tts Mastertuner. I'll be riding down from Tallahassee to get this tune done in a day (by appointment).

Old 03-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 369 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by kstang71
How long should I expect to leave the bike with him? Do you know what he charges or does it vary based on the time involved with the dyno? You stated that you spent 8 days with him...was that just you learning or was it the time involved with tuning you bike or both. I looked at the website, it looks like he is also a training location.. Maybe I should give his number to the dyno tech that has been working on my bike..
I would expect 5 hrs. +/- for him to get your bike dialed. I spent the eight days learning how to tune. The problem is a lot of places will buy the dyno and then not spend the money to learn how to use it. Doc gives the recipe for tuning and provides ongoing support if there is any questions.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:54 PM
FLYING
Club Member

Wow ,way to much Dyno Time,sounds like they are having big problem trying to dial it in. Usually for the first 500 to 1000 miles after a complete top end rebuild they will run hotter but not like what you are going thru.The timming must be off and I would now worry if the cylinders are scoored up too.Too try to help out make sure that you are not restricting any air flow around the engine.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:04 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

sounds like you found a tuner who was more experimenting with your bike rather than being experienced. i found an absolute wizard in tulsa which is the nearest city to me. 70 miles away, and he does precise tuning. i've recommended him to a few other guys around eastern oklahoma, and they're very pleased with his tuning, as am i, obviously. no heat issues with my motor with.10.5 pop up pistons and .579" lift cams. do yourself a favor and find a great tuner who is experienced.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:31 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Sounds like Doc knows what he is doing and in no way trying to Hijack this thread but thought would mention this Guy for ones in North FL/So GA area .. High Performance Cycles in Lake City, FL www.hpcycles.com .. 90% of this guys work is Dyno's and He does it well ..

Quick Reply: Runs strong, Way too much heat...