Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some pricing help on a 2010 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 06:13 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some pricing help on a 2010 Ultra

I just went and looked at a 2010 Ultra Classic with ABS. I have been wanting one for a while, but just could not justify the added cost. They offered this one at 23,389 and were willing to give me $12,500 on trade in on my RKC. I know that I will not get much on the add ons for my RKC if any at all, but that seemed a little low, so my questions are: 1. What is the expected price of a 2010 Ultra Classic with ABS, no security, Red Hot Sunglow?, and 2. What should I expect for a trade in for my RKC with 15K miles on it and an after market fairing, V&H wide ovals, New leather tourpak, and lots of goodies? I know that I could take the tourpak and fairing off and most likely sell those on Ebay. The leather tourpak has the lock on it and has less than 50 miles on it. I had to replace it when the bike was in a wreck. (All cosmetic stuff, no real damage.) The did approve me through HD Financing at 9.99%.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:21 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Especially since the riding season is upon us, the 2010's are most likely be pretty close to MSRP. I think it possible to find an '09 maybe but they will be scarce. I'm surprised they offered you $12500.00 on a trade for your '07 Road King Classic.

I could have done without ABS but I decided to get it anyhow on my '09.

Last edited by shortride; 03-27-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:28 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 255 Likes on 155 Posts

You can go on HD website & get the MSRP. It's $20,999 in black, $560 for color, $1000 for 2tone, ABS $845, Sec $370, Frt $380, some dealers charge a set-up fee of $ 2 or 300. Normally you won't get anything for the add-ons on your bike, maybe a couple hundred at most. What color was the Ultra you were looking at, sounds like they're a little high, it's always best to shop around as much as possible, should be plenty of bikes around in this economy.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:48 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member

hmmm... there was not security and based upon what is on the website, it should be $22,784. That is $1,000 over MSRP. Doesn't sound like such a good deal. Fortunately they are closed until Tuesday, so no impulse buy today.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:52 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member

I have a friend that is out from an accident that worked sales at a different HD dealership checking prices for me as well. Hopefully he will come up with something good for me.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:56 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Should be able to get it without any added "BS" fees. Check with some other dealers and go for under MSRP. In this economy it should be obtainable. Also get them to throw in the first service. Good luck.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:06 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought mine for $22462. That is with ABS and security (security is $370, from what I remember). Also, I got $12,000 from my 06 RKC. But before I let them see the bike I had removed all the add ons, then sold them here and on another site. All told I got $13,500 out of my setup.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:25 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by redhwk44
I just bought mine for $22462. That is with ABS and security (security is $370, from what I remember). Also, I got $12,000 from my 06 RKC. But before I let them see the bike I had removed all the add ons, then sold them here and on another site. All told I got $13,500 out of my setup.
Thanks for the info. I have not let them see my bike yet, they said it didn't matter what I had on it as far as add-on's. I plan on selling my Leather Tourpak and the fairing on ebay or here. They have both only been on the bike a short time since I purchased them again as replacements after I had my accident. Brand new saddlebags, new V&H Exhaust, new riders back rest, new tank, & new crash guard. All pat of the repair from the accident, so no scratch dents or dings.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Shop and shop hard. You're approved for credit. With the economy being as it is, big time luxury items aren't something on the priority list for ppl. From what I've heard in general, figure aside from the BS fees, there is close to $3k profit in the high end touring bikes for a dealership. Sure, they need to make a profit and are in business to do so. BUT, if they want to sell you a bike then they should be willing to negotiate. Play hardball and negotiate a price first and then you'll know what you are paying for the bike itself. Then and only then, start talking trade and get a number. Take off all your add ons.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:54 PM
roscoe p
Intermediate

cchips, like timadoe said, just call around or email... the sky is the limit. late model hds are a tough trade... why? the buyer will spend the difference to get newer.lots of ultra choices now..just see who will give you the best trade difference #.screw any dealer who wants to play the freigt/set up game.good luck, roscoep

Quick Reply: Need some pricing help on a 2010 Ultra