Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Air Shocks 0 psi ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Air Shocks 0 psi ?

Soo.. I'm going through my list of things to do to (and buy) for my Ultra tomorrow and remembered that I have a hand pump from my full suspension mountain bikes front air shocks and suspension, and decide to go and see if it will work on my Ultra rear air shocks. Might save a couple of bucks from having to buy the official HD one. It fits and there is 0 psi from when I bought my 09 Ultra last fall. I only drove it a couple of weeks like that but I wondered WTF ? I paid all that money and they didn't even check that. Along with not having the quick disconnect for the battery tender hooked up so I could charge my battery this past winter. I'm beginning to see what you guys are talking about on this forum to do it yourself.
Now I don't feel so bad that I told my wife to use the $300 that I had saved for the initial 1K checkup and go and buy me a J&S lift for christmas so I can do all my own service.

Christian

Old 03-26-2010, 11:39 PM
AlaskaAviator
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They may have just bled off from sitting. Put about 10 # in them and check in a day or two.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It probably didn't have much in there to begin with and the rest leaked out over the past few months. Have you checked your tires?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior

Did you hear any air loss when you first connected the air pump to the valve? The H-D pump has no air loss when connected or disconnected.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
It probably didn't have much in there to begin with and the rest leaked out over the past few months.

Ok thanks.... guess it's something to check more often if the air pressure leaks out.

Christian

Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
Did you hear any air loss when you first connected the air pump to the valve? The H-D pump has no air loss when connected or disconnected.

None at all. The pump I have is from Trek. Seems to work just fine even without the HD logo.....

Thanks for the tip though

Christian

Old 03-27-2010, 12:12 AM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior

My Road Glide only had about 10 psi in the shocks when I bought it. It leaks a couple psi a month.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:53 AM
bikertrucker
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just pulled mine out of storage last week and the PSI was the same 11# as when i stored it in Nov. I dont think you should be losing any pressure at all over time.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Rafkin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lost 15 lbs out of mine each week when I first bought it. asked the dealer about it at first service and they said it was normal and found no problems. When I changed my shocks to SG shocks tighteneing all the connections seemd to fix it. Still lose abit over a month, I just check before I go on a long ride.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:14 AM
MassHD
Road Warrior

What # do I need for a 200# guy?

Quick Reply: Rear Air Shocks 0 psi ?