Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laconia Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 PM
mtbottles
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Laconia Bike Week

Looking for input on Laconia Bike Week.

I will be going to Americade this year with five friends. Thinking about hitting Laconia after Americade. Don't need to stay in the middle of the action. I actually prefer to stay on the outskirts of the action. In Lake George we are renting a cabin. Looking for similar accommodations in or around Laconia.

Would only stay a night or two then head back to NYC.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:04 PM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I went last year, besides the rain I really liked it. Cant comment on where to stay since it was my 1st time and do not know the area.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:21 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts
Default June 12 to 20

June 12 to 20th.. sometimes known as Rainconia. Last year was a washout. It used to be that they were back to back, but I think they put a week between them last year. But I see this they are back to back again.

Not to discourage you, but if I were you I'd ride from Americade, over into Vermont and maybe enjoy the fabulous roads in VT a bit on the way over.

In fact what I would do is ride over and stay in either Wells River Vermont, at the Wells River Motel, use that as a base and stay there till you want to go home. Then take Rt 5 or Rt 91 all the way home through Vt Mass and CT.

The closer you get to Laconia the more expensive it will get and the less good the roads will get. From Wells River, or it's next door neighbor Woodsville. You can take 302 East to 112 which turns into the Kancamangus highway which is not to be missed in New Hampshire and will drop you down right into Conway and then Laconia.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=wells+...ed=0CAsQ8gEwAA

You can also stay in Lincoln NH which is where Loon Mountain is and a great place to stay. I'm sure you could get a nice condo over there. But that Wells River place is a find and cheap.

Just some thoughts. I go every year and live and ride in the area. That's what I would do. But I'm more about riding that hanging around at the strip. But you could ride over a couple days and see everything you need to see, live cheaper and enjoy the fine roads of Vermont and NH.

Watch out for Moose at sundown.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:26 AM
mtbottles
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Watch out for Moose at sundown.
Thanks for the warning!

Old 03-27-2010, 02:23 AM
VINNIE JAMES
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

would like to make loconia too. my friends have a cabin

Old 03-27-2010, 05:39 AM
HD101st
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just make sure everything is legal last 2 years the state police have been pulling all bikes over on the interstate going into and out of lake george looking for inspections, insurance and illegal pipes, i normally take back roads. I had a friend who was pulled over 6 times and there is no reason why they would stop seeing NY is 6 billion in debt. Just watch out

Last edited by HD101st; 03-27-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Fitter64
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HD101st
Just make sure everything is legal last 2 years the state police have been pulling all bikes over on the interstate going into and out of lake george looking for inspections, insurance and illegal pipes, i normally take back roads. I had a friend who was pulled over 6 times and there is no reason why they would stop seeing NY is 6 billion in debt. Just a FYI
In the 80's and 90's there was nothing but a good time. Now it's about the $$$$ Not only on the northway into lake George but on RT. 9 north and South. Pipes,Helmets,Reg,Inspection etc. My friends wife got caught in one of these and was ticketed for loud pipes on HER HONDA! WTF! Laconia is the same way. Society doesn't like bikers, but they sure do LOVE their $$$$$$$$$!!

Old 03-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Old Bones
Road Master

Originally Posted by mtbottles
Looking for input on Laconia Bike Week.

I will be going to Americade this year with five friends. Thinking about hitting Laconia after Americade. Don't need to stay in the middle of the action. I actually prefer to stay on the outskirts of the action. In Lake George we are renting a cabin. Looking for similar accommodations in or around Laconia.

Would only stay a night or two then head back to NYC.

Maybe this will help,

http://www.laconiamcweek.com/

Old 03-27-2010, 06:52 AM
Ezlivn
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Laconia should be called Laconia Carnival week. It's a joke. Save your money and ride. It's over priced and the cops pull you over for no reason. The numbers are down tremendously....and good for them. They don't deserve it. They've driven everyone away.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:52 AM
Old Bones
Road Master

[QUOTE=oldhippie;6468176]
The closer you get to Laconia the more expensive it will get and the less good the roads will get. QUOTE]

That is some kind of funny chit right there.

Quick Reply: Laconia Bike Week