Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a difference a seat makes; HD Tallboy

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:40 PM
faapilot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a difference a seat makes; HD Tallboy

Have a 2009 Ultra with the stock seat and was totally diissatisfied with the seat. Thought about gettting the new 2010 "LOW" Ultra stock replacement but the dealer had the Tallboy (part 52099-09A) and let me try it out. Now, I'm 6'4", 285 with a 34 inseam and I can tell you that the Tallboy lowered me about an inch (had to readjust the mirrors downward) and pushed me back so I no longer felt like I was eating my knees. After the test drive, I upped the $$ and bought it with no qualms at all; felt very comfortable.
I will tell you that the Tallboy does not have the "bucket" feel that the stock Ultra seats have, but it does give you (me) more leg room and lowered me so I didn't have the wind in my face I was getting with the 2009 stock saddle....I am considering getting a backrest but may do so later on.
Just my review for what it's worth.....

Ride safe !!

Old 03-26-2010, 08:15 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Tallboy on my '08 Ultra and I like it alot. I can do a full tank of fuel before needing a break. It does sit me back 2 inches and down about an inch or so, I no longer feel like i'm riding the tank. 6'2" 250#

Old 03-26-2010, 08:22 PM
pachowder
Cruiser

Hmm...I looked at the tallboy but the harley site said it raises you up 1.25 inches. no dealers had any for me to try. I ended up with a sundowner deep bucket. Hope i dont regret that.

Glad you found the right seat for you!

Old 03-26-2010, 08:58 PM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the tallboy seat. I love it.
6-3, 34 inseam

Old 03-27-2010, 02:30 PM
WIKD1
Cruiser

I went with the tallboy also. Best seat I've had so far. I tried the 2009 stock roadglide seat which was a big improvement over my stock streetglide. Then forked out the money for an Ultimate seat and ended up bringing it back. Bought the tallboy and am finally satisfied.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:02 PM
CornbredNE
Tourer

Originally Posted by faapilot
Have a 2009 Ultra with the stock seat and was totally diissatisfied with the seat. Thought about gettting the new 2010 "LOW" Ultra stock replacement but the dealer had the Tallboy (part 52099-09A) and let me try it out. Now, I'm 6'4", 285 with a 34 inseam and I can tell you that the Tallboy lowered me about an inch (had to readjust the mirrors downward) and pushed me back so I no longer felt like I was eating my knees. After the test drive, I upped the $$ and bought it with no qualms at all; felt very comfortable.
I will tell you that the Tallboy does not have the "bucket" feel that the stock Ultra seats have, but it does give you (me) more leg room and lowered me so I didn't have the wind in my face I was getting with the 2009 stock saddle....I am considering getting a backrest but may do so later on.
Just my review for what it's worth.....

Ride safe !!
I'm 6'3" and also a 34" inseam, and have also been noticing like I feel too far forward on the seat, and wish I could "slide back more". It's odd, because I now have almost 22,000 miles on my 06 EG Classic and this feels like a kinda new fit problem, but maybe I'm just noticing it more lately...

You do feel it pushes you back more than sitting taller? I like my low Cee Baileys windshield and don't want to sit any taller on the bike.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 PM
CornbredNE
Tourer
Default That sucks

So I was looking at the Tallboy seats over on ebay to learn a little bit, and it seems the Tallboy part # for the older models (mine an 06) is designed to sit back 1/2" and up about 1-1/2", where the Tallboy seats for the newer ones, push you back like 2". I was getting excited about being able to slide back 2"...

Do any of you have access to both a 06 and a newer Electra Glide and see what if any fit issues prevent the newer seat from fitting on my 06? I'll modify the fender or seatpan if I need to to make a seat fit that will allow me to sit farther back.

If not, are their any other good seats for my 06 that push the seating position back?

David

Old 03-27-2010, 03:55 PM
faapilot
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CornbredNE
I'm 6'3" and also a 34" inseam, and have also been noticing like I feel too far forward on the seat, and wish I could "slide back more". It's odd, because I now have almost 22,000 miles on my 06 EG Classic and this feels like a kinda new fit problem, but maybe I'm just noticing it more lately...

You do feel it pushes you back more than sitting taller? I like my low Cee Baileys windshield and don't want to sit any taller on the bike.
I feel (rode it today also) that it lowered me and sat me back further too. I did have to lower the mirror adjustments when I got it yesterday which proved to me that I was lower in the seat than the stock 2009 Ultra seat. I was going to go to the Corbin which I used to have on my other scooters, but heard about the Tallboy and tried it; liked it; bought it and saved me $$$ over Corbin.

Last edited by faapilot; 03-27-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old 03-27-2010, 04:02 PM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have the tallboy and love it, 6'6" and 280.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:10 PM
faapilot
Cruiser

oh....and to prove it is lower, my feet were more firmly on the group when I stopped (not that it was a problem before)...but with that and the mirror adjustment to lower, it definately is lower than that stock seat.

Quick Reply: What a difference a seat makes; HD Tallboy