Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot truck driver!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I think they should just completely do away cell phones and such stuff. They have become an accessory to many many deaths. My son and I were in my cage sitting at a light waiting to turn when this young lady starting veering toward us as i watched her she looked up and turned back in her lane with her phone in her hand. Not the case in this horrible accident but everytime you here of a tragedy like this the first thing said is he/she must have been texting. Reading and shuffling thru paperwork also takes your eyes off the road. We are all riders here. Please talk to your family and friends about these tragedies steming from doing something else while driving. In most cases the cager is unharmed but have to live with the fact that they killed someone else. This man was said to be in shock, but it don't undo anything.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about a signal jammer in every new car

Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It sickened my stomach to read that and can only pray for those affected. Well, except for the guy that did the deed. He may be a decent guy fut he FUBAR and needs to pay for his mistake that cost innocent lives. Just reinforces why I can no longer watch the news but that is Obama's fault to begin with...

Old 03-26-2010, 07:52 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

How many times will needless tragedies like this happen before something is truly done to try and prevent it ... Prayers and Thoughts for the Bikers .. Trucker needs to pay the piper, this could have been avoided if he just did as a Professional Driver should, eyes on the road, not stinking paperwork ..

Old 03-26-2010, 08:06 AM
BLACK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

READ THE TRUCK DMV MANUAL ON STOPPING TIME FROM MPH - REACTION TIME COMPLETE STOPPING DIST LOOKS KINDA LIKE IF HE HAD APPLIED THE BRAKES W/OUT HITTING ANYTHING HE WOULD OF ENDED UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INTERSECTION BEFORE STOPPING APPROX 18000 LB TRUCK .DRIVING SOMETHING THAT BIG THERE'S NO REASON YOU SHOULD NOT BE PAYING ATTENTION .If paper work & texting are to be done you should have brains to pull over .I used to drive big truck I don't now got tired of it to much to worry about. Thought it would be fun noway .Accident's happen just that quick snap of a finger .I hope he had a cab camera in the truck that will help hang him. I'M sorry for you guys who don't know how they work it's like this IT'S ON ALL THE TIME SO BIG BROTHER CAN TRACK YOU IF HE WANT'S TO .In this case ONCE CAMERA IS SET OFF 4 SEC BEFORE IT ACTIVATED NOW RECORDING THROUGH 8 SEC AFTER CAMERA STOP'S MOVING .Company's are using camera's more so now for insurance fraud reasons.Staged accidents by others .so on so forth .I hope this makes since to ya.

Last edited by BLACK BAGGER; 03-26-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:11 AM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

They died because we cannot fix stupid, stupid people think they can read the paper or play with texting or work their computer and still drive, what idiots. Cagers can still drive, just not effectively and they cause damages or deaths that are and were avoidable. I still hold that anyone attesting to driving or found to be driving and doing something distracting that causes a accident resulting in a death or bodily injury should lose their license for a year, repeat it and go to jail for a year.

I am sick of drivers playing with papers, playing on cell phones, talking to the passengers in the back seat while looking at them, or just being in general stupid.

My heart breaks whenever I hear another rider has died in a wreck, my prayers go out to their families, the driver of the truck will pay this debt for a long, long time in his own mind and his own purgatory.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:15 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man, that's terrible. Thoughts and prayers to the bikers and their families.
The driver needs to serve time.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:18 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This whole situation just SUCKS! There are no winners...everyone is a loser! But this is a problem throughout the nation...not just in Arizona!

My prayers go out to all concerned.

Steve

Old 03-26-2010, 08:41 AM
BLACK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LET'S NOT FORGET SHUFFLING PAPER'S WAS THE REASON FOR HORRIBLE ACCIDENT THE DRIVER OF THE TRUCK SAYS. NOT CELL PHONES .I know it doesn't matter It should of never happen regardless .I'm just trying to stay on track here .for give me .I know when something like this happens first thing we want to do is yell out [cell phone].Not in this case .OH ya truck driver is 110% in the wrong i couldn't agree more with ya's .I;M on your side. P.S I don't own a cell phone myself if i need one i'll borrow from some one else.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't be paranoid, everyone IS out to get you. I have a last once incident per day I have to avoid. Just have a good solid defense ready. That guy should be put under the jail for life!

Quick Reply: Idiot truck driver!!!!