Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide table lift or no

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:22 AM
m50
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Titan lift with the side extensions and I am very happy with it. It does take up some room but is really nice when you want to work on bike. I like the fact that the Titan goes up higher than any of the other lifts I checked on about 42" I think it makes a big difference so I don't have to bend over as much, it saves on your back.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:42 AM
wtkpga
Cruiser

I sure would like to see some pictures.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:42 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got them both. a jack and a lift. I use the dickens out of the lift. with my old creaky knees, it is a hell of a lot easier on my body to do services, tire changes, oil changes and all around maintenance with the lift. no more laying on the ground or kneeling with the jack.
The material used in the HF lift is really thin compared to the Handy. I weighed getting the HF lift, but decided to buy something well made in America.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Razorback
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scooter_trash_1
I personally own a Handy, bought it used. I wouldnt be without it. Also have a flat jack that is a must as well. I dont use a vice on the front, made my own cradle which holds the front end quite steady, and makes jacking it up a breeze (simply play out the tie downs, yes I use tie downs for long term or when jacking the front up). As for taking up space, park the scooter on it! When the garage door goes up the scoot goes on the lift. I'm gonna wipe it down an look it over before the next ride anyway might as well be already on the "inspection stand". Ive been riding motorcycles for 42 years and the table lift I "splurged on" 12 years ago is the best investment Ive ever made for my scoots..SSL...Scooter
Is there an echo in here?

Dude we must be on the same wavelength or something. Read my above post and note my homemade chock on my used Handy. I've been called Scoot/Scooter since friggin' Jr high. It's what the plate reads on the 2 of my bikes.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:00 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Think I am going to wait and go with the handy or a direct lift. This looks like what I really want add 50 − 100 more for a scissor jack and I am set:
http://www.directlift.com/ProCycle-XLT-DT-P59.aspx
Would like to have the side extensions to make getting the bike on the lift easier and then can leave one on for a tool and parts shelf.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:13 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks like a damn fine lift. You're smart holding out....do it right and it's a one time purchase w/o regrets. Good luck.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:34 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHoss
I think lift tables are a pain.If you want to clean wheels or check tires there is extra work involved.Get a good jack very easy to do everything on and high enough.
Says the guy that doesnt have a table!

The only thing a jack is good for is washing a bike.

With a table and a scissor jack you can do everthing at a comfortable work height.

Jacks are great if you like crawlin around on your knees, ever seen a shop without table lifts?

Old 03-28-2010, 01:13 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

absolutly no problems with my Harbor Freight lift table OR my Harbor freight wheel chock.
I ride the bike up on the table, into the chock, it locks it's self in and I hop off the bike. I put on the tie downs as added security.
Did I mention I hop off the bike? No Need for another person to close the front wheel vise while the the rider is holding the bike up on the lift table.
To get it off the lift table, I remove the tie down straps and put them away (notice I am off the bike now, it's still on the lift table in the wheel chock and is not tilting, leaning, or otherwise in jeopardy of falling), then I hop on the bike, put feet on the floor, and pull back on the bars and she comes right out of the chock and rolls off the lift table.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:03 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

I have a line on a used Handy with out a drop out in the rear. Is it still possible to do a rear wheel removal w/o the cut away or drop off??

Old 03-30-2010, 04:43 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bikerbehaviorist
I have a line on a used Handy with out a drop out in the rear. Is it still possible to do a rear wheel removal w/o the cut away or drop off??
you can still do it, just requires jacking the back of the bike up a bit more.

Quick Reply: Help me decide table lift or no