Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Wild Things Pistons

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:45 PM
jlinder
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn Wild Things Pistons

Planning a 103" build and trying to decide on which components. Anyone have feedback about Wild Things 445 pistons on a 103" build?

Old 03-25-2010, 03:00 PM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kury isn't exactly a proven name in performance. I wouldn't be the first to run them in my build.

After I had 4 or 5 Kury products rust really quickly or fly to **** on me, I learned my lesson and I don't buy their junk anymore. And that was just external decorative stuff, pegs, and **** like that. I damn sure am not gonna use any internal engine components made by them.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:03 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You'd probably be better off to go with a complete kit from a builder instead of trying to piece it together from multiple sources.

They say cheap ain't good and good ain't cheap. There's a lot of truth to that when it comes to engines and performance/reliability.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:48 PM
jlinder
Intermediate
Default Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for your comments. I did not know they had this kind of reputation. I just put on passenger adjustable pegs and I thought they were pretty nice. I hope they don't rust right away. I plan on using Woods cams and they don't have pistons. I want to have may jugs bored. I need pistons and head work.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at CP Pistons

Old 03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jlinder
I plan on using Woods cams and they don't have pistons. I want to have may jugs bored. I need pistons and head work.
Contact Scott at Hillside. He can hook you up with everything you need, including pistons, jugs, and head work. Do a member search for Hillside Cycles for the contact info.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:24 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldn't buy anything from Kuryakyn, especially engine internals.
I find their stuff inferior and that's only their chrome dodads.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:26 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Here ya go......

PALMER BROS.
HILLSIDE MOTORCYCLE & MACHINE, INC.
5225 S. MAIN ST., MUNNSVILLE, N.Y. 13409
315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com

Old 03-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm probably more negative about Kuryakin bolt on crap than most anybody you'll meet. However, the performance stuff Mike Roland came up with for them is really great performing stuff. I know thier heads are $2,000. and flow like gangbusters. I'm sure they are not cast by the same people who make their bolt on bling. As far as pistons they should match your headwork and cams for max performance. The compression ratio needs to be compatable with your cams profile, and the heads also need to flow enough to take advantage of the increased opening of your cams. Simply buying good pistons, great cams, and good headwork won't necessarily help much if they don't work well together. That's why we can't tell you if those pistons are what you want for your build.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 AM
jlinder
Intermediate

Northside,

I plan on using Woods cams. Nothing to wild, just step up from stock. Since Bobby does not make pistons it is a bit of a mystery where to look. I plan on having my own jugs bored to make the pistons and I though I would use the same guys who bore my jugs to do the head work. Any more comments based on that? Thanks for you help.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Wild Things Pistons