Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enclosed Trailer Interior Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 12:49 AM
rogerfromco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ummm, Psychosis...did you say something? All I heard was "pink panty go thump, thump, thump!" over and over again in my head!

Old 03-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Psychosis
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

LOL yeh It's my avatar but I still find myself staring at it too much.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:20 AM
whitetruk
Advanced

i got 4 condors and 20 5000lb d rings in the floor,with 16 foot of track also.never had a problem with baggers in there.
also i could tie an octopuss down if needed.lol

Old 03-27-2010, 07:12 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am on a much smaller scale that most because i just have no need for a big trailer but this is what i have that works for me and my 08UC
5 x 10 cargo
Condor wheel chock mounted with steel backing plate.
6-6k lbs D-ringd in the floor with steel backing plates.
6 Big Daddy Powertyes 2" ratchet straps with built in soft tie.

I made a 2k trip and checked it often and never even had to adjust the straps. I had an idea to mount a back-up camera inside the trailer and the view screen inside the truck just to watch the bike while traveling.

I don't go on trips without my wife and she is not interested in long trips on the bike so this is the compromise.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:04 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

If you have a v-nose and the inside is finished then mounting the cabinets and shelves are easy. I put a lowes corner cabinet in the upper part of the v-nose and then some peg board on the side for tools. My wife also got me a folding aluminum table/shelf for my birthday a couple years ago, works well and holds a couple rolls of shop towels. I also made a coat hanger under the v-nose cabinet.
Mines a 7x12 Horton Hauler with an extra 3 foot v-nose and the motorcycle package that has the trailer sitting lower and the rear inside slopes down so its easier to load lower bikes.

Attached Thumbnails Enclosed Trailer Interior Questions-small-trailer-1.jpg   Enclosed Trailer Interior Questions-sg2.jpg  
Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 AM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
If you have a v-nose and the inside is finished then mounting the cabinets and shelves are easy. I put a lowes corner cabinet in the upper part of the v-nose and then some peg board on the side for tools. My wife also got me a folding aluminum table/shelf for my birthday a couple years ago, works well and holds a couple rolls of shop towels. I also made a coat hanger under the v-nose cabinet.
Mines a 7x12 Horton Hauler with an extra 3 foot v-nose and the motorcycle package that has the trailer sitting lower and the rear inside slopes down so its easier to load lower bikes.
That is a sweet set up you have there! The corner cabinet is a great idea!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,165 Likes on 3,675 Posts

My buddy has the e-track...sharp stuff...works great/

Old 03-28-2010, 12:58 PM
FLOOD
Intermediate

I have a similar trailer to HD Rolling. It is a 7x16 with a v-nose and I have three condor chalks with E track down both sides and in the center. I haul 3 baggers with no problem. It works very well and there are plenty of tie down points.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:00 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you have not got your trailer yet why not check out a toy box we have a 30 ft and love it , you can get smaller

Old 03-28-2010, 04:16 PM
rushbass
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toypuller
Get a Harbor Freight motorcycle chock. $30-$40.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96349

It is removable very easily, just leaves the mounting plate behind. That way the trailer can be used for something besides bikes when needed. The chock will stand a full bagger up without a problem.

Best tie down equipment I have found is E-Track. I set up a full 7X14 trailer for under $300.00. That includes 3 full length strips down the floor, 2 full strips 30 inches up both walls, all the end caps, and 12 "O" ring tie downs. A bit of overkill on my part, but my stuff stays secure.

http://www.etrailer.com/p-E19148.html

http://www.etrailer.com/p-59131.html

http://www.etrailer.com/p-ET8730.html
I have a trailer also, that I need to outfit... this all looks like the way to go - thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Enclosed Trailer Interior Questions