Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Se race tuner vs pc-v ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 AM
My Fix
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Se race tuner vs pc-v ?

I know it has been discussed before , please bare with me I'm confussed ! I'm not sure witch one to go with on my 2010 sreetglide . Some say you can do more with the pc because your not reading off the o2 sensors ? Other say they can do the same as the SERT ? I understand I gotta take it to harley to work on SERT , but can I up my rpm's to 6200 with the SERT like I can with the PC-V , What r the true diffrences ! Witch one can I get the best out of my bike with ! I'm only doing heavy breather and jackpot muffler for now . Later only the gear drive cams ! I welcome anyone's opinion that has the expeirence . Thanks . . . . . . . .

Last edited by My Fix; 03-25-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

Find a good tuner in your area and see what they like to tune with......

Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

What Fripple said, or buy a PCV from Fuel Moto with a map already installed for your bike and configuration.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a PCV from Fuelmoto with an installed map at a very good price. My bike runs very good. I could have bought a SEST from my local dealer for more money then had them dyno tune it for even more money. With the choice of dyno tuners in my area a PCV was the way to go for me.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 AM
ndnguyd
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

PCV more bang for your buck better tune. Get it from Fuel Moto and they are just a phone call away for support.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 AM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

With the PCV, you can add the autotune modules with the wide band o2 sensors so the system can adapt to whatever changes you throw at it. I've asked the question before on the 2010 models, if you get a stage 1 download and have the rpm limit raised and then add the PCV, will the tach work properly?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:53 PM
roaddawg65
3rd Gear

Let me throw in a little extra. Had a PC on my last bike and had problems. Put an SERT on this one and have not problems. I am told that the new SERT's can download info to a lap top that you can use and make changes to the map. Check out TTS, MasterTune EFI Programing Software. This is the company that use to do the SERT's for Harley. Why would you want to have your bike dyno-tuned when was the last time you cranked your to 6 grand plus?

Old 03-25-2010, 02:01 PM
tmcgeesr
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

For the average rider that wants good performance for his scoot at a reasonable price the PCV with AT is the only way to go. With the Race Tuner from Harley you will be paying again at some point. How do I know? We can't leave our bikes alone!

Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 PM
JackieGrier007
Novice
Default PC-V vs SEST or SERT

Just went through this same process....As for price there are BRAND NEW SE Tuners on E-bay for $ 280.00 BIN. About the same price as for the PC-V. All you need for the SE Tuner is lap top & cables and it will work !...The SE tuner allows you to download time (Auto Tune) and make more adjustments than the PC-V as it is mated to the ECM of your bike for life. The PC-V is plug and play as soon as it arrives if purchased from Fuel Moto, they will download a "canned" map as to your specs!...Its really up to you....(PS) The SE software is really easy once you get use to it and tuning is as simple as point and click! I hope this helps.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 PM
moprblms
Cruiser

I was going to go with the SE tuner until I spoke to the local dyno tuner in my area and he promised me more performance with the PCV.

Quick Reply: Se race tuner vs pc-v ?