Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash Bar Mounted Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:46 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crash Bar Mounted Fog Lights

Wondering if anyone has put the fog lights on their rides. Don't want to put passing lamps on my bike. How much light do they put out? Being 55 watts I'm assuming they put out pretty good light.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:00 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw0013
Wondering if anyone has put the fog lights on their rides. Don't want to put passing lamps on my bike. How much light do they put out? Being 55 watts I'm assuming they put out pretty good light.
Ive had them on my last 2 SGs, and also had the passing lamps (next to the headlight) on the previous two Classics.

I think the crash bar lights put out just as much, if not more, light. Also a bit wider coverage. I also think they are more visible to oncoming traffic. What sealed the deal for me was passing a SG that had them (coming in the opposite direction) every morning on my way to work. The separation from the headlights really makes them stand out to oncoming traffic.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 AM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. Making a move to Tenn. House is 8 miles outside of town on a road with no lights.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:43 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 1,123 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw0013
motolights are another option you might want to consider.
www.motolight.com

Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Trunk Monkey
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivint Lights

I would definitly recommend the Motolights. I have them on both of my personal bikes and on my police bike. You can order them with a self contained wiring harness that connects directly into your accessory switch so you have a clean install. They attach to the brake caliper so you have a nice triangle light spread and they put out a nice blanket of light on the road. They come with a 35 watt halogen which I think is pleanty but you can also opt for the 55's. You can get them in chrome, polished, brushed or black. I love them and people SEE you. The only drawback is the price. Check them out. They have a lifetime warranty and the tech and sales support is great.

Attached Thumbnails Crash Bar Mounted Fog Lights-dsc01069.jpg   Crash Bar Mounted Fog Lights-dsc01085.jpg  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Am I reading this correct ? The price of 2 lights start at $385.00..

Old 03-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

HD's fog lamp kit at $140 or so is a great value and they do put out a lot of light on a broad pattern. Ran them for almost 4 years and removed them only because I wanted fairing lowers.

I'm now using Motolights and consider it an excellent lighting product with the 50W bulbs. Very simple installation described in this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ics-added.html

TheShrink has posted an inexpensive but effective alternative to Motolights for those running lowers.

Carl

Old 03-25-2010, 09:33 AM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have them. I ran the wires inside the crash bars for a cleaner look. And yes, they are bright.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:50 AM
catracho
Road Captain

I bought the H-D fog lights and installed on the crash bar.

Now I have better view at night rides.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Badfinger
Road Master

I suggest you spend $20 on a Silver Star headlight bulb before adding more lights, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Quick Reply: Crash Bar Mounted Fog Lights