Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding the crap out of my new build.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010 | 04:15 PM
smokindave
|
Road Warrior
Default Riding the crap out of my new build.

Been riding for the last 2 1/2 weeks running in my new motor (build below)and got it back today from the dyno. For the first time I can shoot down the interstate at 70-75 twist the throttle while in 6th and be up to 95 in seconds, AWESOME! Gets up to 60 so quick you gotta pay attention. Pulls strong from 2.5-5k and dyno curve shows TQ flat out to 5.2k where the TQ and HP cross.

I know, I know, everyone wants to see the numbers and dyno, well the numbers don't mean anything to me. It's runs like a beast and that's fine with me, so I will have to settle for 98HP / 106TQ . The TQ hits 100 at 3k and runs up to 106, out to 4.7k. I am running the stock head pipe with Fuelmoto mufflers (1.75 / 2.0 baffles) and I am sure those numbers would change with 2-1's. I can't decide if the extra $800 is worth the extra money to get a few more numbers on a dyno. I do know, I would probably feel a little seat of the pants TQ probably a little earlier.

I am happy with this build and it runs like I thought it would (even better). All the work was done by the local dealer. Just an average rider looking for more power to tour with.

Old 03-24-2010 | 04:24 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Very nice...Congrats!

Old 03-24-2010 | 05:40 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

hey dave. glad you're enjoying your new build. the vance & hines 2 into 1 pro pipe is what i'm using, and i tell ya, the exhaust system is very impressive. the to most popular 2 into 1's seem to be the fatcat and thunderheader. i'm really glad that i went with the pro pipe as it's got the howl i wanted, but not annoying to listen to on the hiway. stereo friendly? yes, but you still know it's there. it increased my torque surely, but had it installed during my build. it was suggested after a meeting with myself, the service manager, and the builder and tuner. it's the one which fits my needs great. you've seen the pic of my pro pipe. it was considerably cheaper than the others, doesn't have that goofy looking tomato can welded on the end like the t-header, and the primary tubes are long enough to maintain the low rpm torque. the quality of how they're made and chromed is the best in the industry. i think they came in at under 500 bux. you know that your rear tire doesn't stand a chance, nor does mine. heck bud, i'm doing 90 ft lbs of torque at 1700 rpm's, climbing steadily and slowly dropping off at 5500. what a build huh? i'm glad you like your pcv too. that was a swell deal for both of us. get it dynoed rather than the auto tune. you'll be glad you did as a few more ponies can be dialed in that way. congrats on your build. if you're as happy as i am with mine, then you're smiling every time you whack the throttle.

Old 03-24-2010 | 06:59 PM
RKCUSTOMBUD
Cruiser

Dave, ain't Low End TQ. FUN ?. Jim.

Old 03-24-2010 | 07:03 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master

In a few months you will want more!!! lol!!

Old 03-25-2010 | 05:31 AM
smokindave
|
Road Warrior

Hey Jim, who did you buy your Pro pipe from for under 500 bux's? Also, I have heard the rear pipe tends to interfere with checking the oil when the pipes are hot, what do you say? I am still thinking about moving my TQ into lower RPM using the 2-1 pipe. Really like the Fatcat's with quiet baffle. ($$$?)

Old 03-25-2010 | 06:34 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member

Hey Dave.What did that build set you back? Thanks....

Old 03-25-2010 | 07:14 AM
smokindave
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by riteway
Hey Dave.What did that build set you back? Thanks....
Everything including two dyno's, $2,789 (incl tax). I have to say my dealer is very accommodating as they allowed me total access to the wrench and the build throughout, which I took advantage of. I verified all components, checked deck height, watched claying of the heads (vlv clearance), looked at heads after being worked and before install. Can't say enough about the wrench Troy and how he answered any and all questions. Everyone should have a dealer like this.