Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 02:54 PM
booboo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do?

A little background, November 09, me and the wife get run over by a lady turning left down a street from the right hand lane as we were riding by. The bike is totaled. My wife luckily escapes with bump and bruises, i'm not so luckie, broken wrist, thumb and ribs. All ok now with a little pain still in wrist and thumb( doc says get used to it), Anyway, Sunday we go into local dealer and talk with salesman, who we've been talking to since Jan, to work out a deal on a 2010 ulta limited. They don't have the white ice black ice color we want , but can get it the next day from another store in Tenn. Monday we sign the paperwork, we now own a new bike! Dealer says "trailer guy" will go and get the bike Tuesday morning, tuesday afternoon dealer say it's :trailer guy's day off, he'll go first thing wednesday. Wednesday morning i call dealership to check and make sure all is on, dealer says "trailer guy"is not going to get but the other dealer owes us a bike so they are bringing yours with it today. Just got a call from my salesman, turns out the other dealer is waiting till tomorrow when the other bike should be deliverd to them, and then they will bring both bikes down.I'm starting to get a littlepi$$ed. Today is a beautiful day to ride, got my hopes up a little i guess, we have'nt riden since the accident and was looking forward to it. I guess my question is should i raise a little hell about this, or just let it go. Sorry for the long post, and letting me vent. booboo

Old 03-24-2010, 02:57 PM
bjpharmd
Advanced

cancel check and tell them you are gonna go to the "other dealer". then see how fast they get it to you.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by booboo
A little background, November 09, me and the wife get run over by a lady turning left down a street from the right hand lane as we were riding by. The bike is totaled. My wife luckily escapes with bump and bruises, i'm not so luckie, broken wrist, thumb and ribs. All ok now with a little pain still in wrist and thumb( doc says get used to it), Anyway, Sunday we go into local dealer and talk with salesman, who we've been talking to since Jan, to work out a deal on a 2010 ulta limited. They don't have the white ice black ice color we want , but can get it the next day from another store in Tenn. Monday we sign the paperwork, we now own a new bike! Dealer says "trailer guy" will go and get the bike Tuesday morning, tuesday afternoon dealer say it's :trailer guy's day off, he'll go first thing wednesday. Wednesday morning i call dealership to check and make sure all is on, dealer says "trailer guy"is not going to get but the other dealer owes us a bike so they are bringing yours with it today. Just got a call from my salesman, turns out the other dealer is waiting till tomorrow when the other bike should be deliverd to them, and then they will bring both bikes down.I'm starting to get a littlepi$$ed. Today is a beautiful day to ride, got my hopes up a little i guess, we have'nt riden since the accident and was looking forward to it. I guess my question is should i raise a little hell about this, or just let it go. Sorry for the long post, and letting me vent. booboo
Although it sounds like someone is pissing down your back and telling you it's raining, those could all be truthful unfortunate circumstances. I'd call and ask to talk to the manager, and nail him down to a day and time. Let him know you understand things happen, but enuff is enuff, if it isn't on the way today, or first thing tomorrow, trailer guy should take off tomorrow to get it.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,269 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Tell them you want a rental until the new one is ready for delivery.

Then tell them to throw in a couple of rental certificates. That way you get a bike for a day when your's goes in for the 1000 mile service or any adjustments.

I'd also let him know it better be 100% coming out the door.

Sure, raise a little hell. Just a little.

It's defies logic that a dealer wouldn't get you on that bike as soon as possible, but that's the way they are.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:40 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeah...sounds like garden-variety dealer nonsense...who knows what the "real" story is, but at a minimum I would press them for some kind of consideration for the delays and hassle.

If they delay again, get a rental bike to hold you over.

Parts, service, etc. at a minimum.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Cancel your deposit and walk.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

Make them give you a free sportster to compensate you for the aggravation of having to wait for a new bike.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 AM
familyman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been in the same situation with a snowmobile. Local dealer would not take my trade in. Went farther out and traded. Dealer didn't have what I traded for, he said he will find one. So I told him the local dealer had one. Then he asked what else that local dealer had on the floor.

Come to find out the local dealer was lieing to the farther out dealer about his inventory because he did not want to loose potential profit.

Not sure how that all works, but do know I got my sled and they took 3 sleds from the local dealer.

Did any of that make since? O well it did in my head..HA! Good luck.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:06 AM
gibby122
Road Captain

damn, that sux... yeah id be a tiny bit po'd myself. but I wouldnt go overboard by any means.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I think I would be a little concerned about how the future service is going to be if this Dealer is putting you off like this. JMO

Quick Reply: what to do?